Sketer Sketer Servo...a bit floppy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
Hey all..has anyone had any issues with the stock Sketer servo? The torque and speed specs aren't too bad so I figured I would just leave it in. However, there is more play in the servo than any servo I've ever had. Not only is there some play with the rotation, but the core moves around like it's not held in tightly. Seems weird to me. I have 20+ runs on the truck. Thoughts?

Hey all..has anyone had any issues with the stock Sketer servo? The torque and speed specs aren't too bad so I figured I would just leave it in. However, there is more play in the servo than any servo I've ever had. Not only is there some play with the rotation, but the core moves around like it's not held in tightly. Seems weird to me. I have 20+ runs on the truck. Thoughts?
That's a real shame I've been looking at stronger servos but I wasn't sure if the sketer will run a 50kg without a glitch ,please let us know what you do to fix it

I haven't been impressed by the TC servo's myself. Not sure if the one that comes in the Sketer is the same as the V2 6s RTR's but I went through 2 of them from JRC before I gave up on them. Both did develop slop very quickly, like after 2 or 3 packs on 4s in an XTR with backflip LP tires. The first started glitching like crazy along with the free play at the output shaft. The second actually twisted the output shaft splines so the servo horn wouldn't go on..
I went to a HX3225, which is just a Redcat version of the DS3225. It's a bit week for the XTR but does the job..well did, until one of the gears lost a couple teeth. I actually was able to take the top cover off and rotate that gear 180 degrees and put it back together. Still going so far..
I would suggest either a DS3225 or DS3235 if you're looking for something on a budget.

Thanks ill check them out now, we don't always get the same gear here in Australia that we here or read about alot of hobby shops either stock expensive ones or really crap Chinese ones

Think I'll just run it for as long as I can stand. I've had good luck with Protek servos in my smaller rigs so tempted to get something from them. Found a new and especially awesome basher spot today so the stock servo may bite the dust soon...

Think I'll just run it for as long as I can stand. I've had good luck with Protek servos in my smaller rigs so tempted to get something from them. Found a new and especially awesome basher spot today so the stock servo may bite the dust soon...
Have fun we found a skate park last night that's under lights were going tonight to see what its like

My first breakage little sketer is a new beast on bigger tires I can pull off some great flips now had quite a crowd watching. Has anyone got a wing mount part number that might bolt on to the stock shock tower or does the TC wing mount work?

20220629_180238.jpg

Could anyone suggest a fast servo for the Sketer?
I've been playing lately with Notrorious, that have the fastest turning i've experienced, and when go to the Sketer the feeling is a bit... you know!

I've been playing lately with Notrorious, that have the fastest turning i've experienced, and when go to the Sketer the feeling is a bit... you know!
What servo is in the Noto? I've said before I'm not a fan of TC's servos, but more for lack of durability than performance. My brother has a fleet of Arrma 6s rtr's and he loves the stock Spektrum units. I know most say they're no good but he's a fan. His rtr Kronos servo went to rubbish in less than 6 packs🤷‍♂️

It is possible to change the working voltage of the servo, without the programming box?

I ended up installing an EcoPower WP120T. Zero issues and have had it for quite a while. I do not believe you can adjust servo voltage without a program box.

It is possible to change the working voltage of the servo, without the programming box?
Yes, but you have to jump through so many hoops, looking at a flashing led and counting beeps. 🙄 It's such a ball ache.

The programming box is like ÂŁ10 or something.

Just get one!

1000015958.jpg

AGF 810BHMW.

Fast. Quiet. Waterproof. HV. Near silent operation. All 'metal' gears.

Protek levels of performance for half the price. Far from a cheap servo at ÂŁ80, but excellent nevertheless.

PXL_20240205_114233906.jpg

PXL_20231228_154404072.jpg

I have that box but.. i "lost it" inside basement!
Initialising searching mode....

Back