Since I got inspired…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol1ver

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Dementor
by Soba RC's Demetooned Radix

I've built my Apollomentor:
IMG_5361.jpeg

IMG_5360.jpeg

No brace kit inside, just the bashbar. The wheelie bar is also off. The things is powered with a Rocket/Surpass 4292(!) 1650kV and a 15t pinion…
6s!

It's decent fun! ;)

I really have to disappoint you, the tyres do not exactly have a good grip :rolleyes: BUT (and this is far more important to me) the Demepollo goes quit nice through corners. Is is some kind of crossbreed between a Truggy and a Buggy (Bruggy ?!?!?)

Backflips are up to this one here:
IMG_5046.jpeg

(Last years photo)

by Soba RC's Demetooned Radix

I've built my Apollomentor:
View attachment 5045
View attachment 5046
No brace kit inside, just the bashbar. The wheelie bar is also off. The things is powered with a Rocket/Surpass 4292(!) 1650kV and a 15t pinion…
6s!

It's decent fun! ;)
Nice!! I have a few sets of those too. Over here they were called Duratrax Badgers.. discontinued now unfortunately. Work really well on hard pack clay. I used them on my Tekno ET48 and TC Kronos XTR. They don't hold up to 6s power very well, blow right apart! LOL..great on 4s however.
Horizon Hobby owns Duratrax, they have basically discontinued virtually all of the Duratrax tires here.. sucks! X-cons, Badgers, Blinders, Six Packs..all gone. HH sucks!
Here's my ET48 with Badgers and TC Punisher body.

20221104_132145.jpg

20221104_132128.jpg

Last edited:
This looks really cool. The Punisher body is -at least for me- the best looking body by far. May I ask what bumper you are driving?

As to defend a little the Horizon guys: Duratrax was a brand of Hobbico which went bankrupt in 2018. HH took over most of the business but of course not everything. One of the casualties e.g. was Vaterra.

HH sometimes really puts me off (most friendly written) as well, especially their spare parts politics for Europe.

Last edited:
This looks really cool. The Punisher body is -at least for me- the best looking body by far. May I ask what bumper you are driving?

As to defend a little the Horizon guys: Duratrax was a brand of Hobbico which went bankrupt in 2018. HH took over most of the business but of course not everything. One of the casualties e.g. was Vaterra.

HH sometimes really puts me off (most friendly written) as well, especially their spare parts politics for Europe.
Yes, it's not officially an ET48, but rather an MT410 assembled on an ET48 chassis. So the bumper is MT410, also the same as the SCT410.3. I have that truck as well. Both are great performers. The TC Punisher is one of my favorites from TC. I like the Kagama body too.
I hear ya on the Hobbico/HH buyout. What I don't understand is, the Duratrax tire line continued to be made for several years. Why did HH kill it off? Actually, they didn't, they now offer the god awful 1/5 scale Warthog's with removable wheel hex, ala Pork-line style..which, IMO is rubbish. Yet the Louise tire line still seems to continue to be made?🤷‍♂️

Back