Kronos XTR Shock tower help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a better shock tower cause I just bent my wasn't even bashing?
Not sure, but I think those longer standoffs you shared in another thread may be more harmful than good.. puts more strain on the shock tower. Think of holding a gallon of water by your side, then extend your arm fully out..gets harder to hold up as more leverage is placed on your arm. Same is happening with the longer shock standoffs..more strain on the shock tower.
Maybe someone else has a line on some beefier towers🤷‍♂️

Also, you could double up on the shock towers.. I've seen many do that.

Hmmmm, that's got me thinking 🤔

Possible to add an additional support at the front of the shock standoff, effectively a 'Y' shaped plate, and mount to the front of the diff housing?

Of course you'd need to consider load transfer into the tower and chassis, and additional weight.

Biggest point for me though, is why the tower and standoffs got bent?
Is there enough travel on the shocks to allow the chassis to bottom out before the shock hits the internal bump stop? If not, that might give enough of an impact to bend things.

Just the tower bent. It backflipped from the rip and landed on the tower
These are the DBXL standoffs you shared in another thread no? They are too long IMO. The standoffs should only be as long as necessary to provide shock clearance, anything longer is a liability. Doubling up on the towers is relatively easy, really just requires longer attachment screws. Perhaps some Arrma style standoffs since they use a long screw throught the tower and thread completely through the standoff.. vs the TC design where the standoff is one piece machined steel. The Arrma style allows you to replace the screw if it bends or breaks..or, you need it to be longer for a double stacked shock tower setup.

Yeah I wish I could get m2c kraton 6s tower to fit properly. But not will to experiment with something that expensive. I got bashers queens CF tower with m2c arrmas 6s standoffs

It does look bad ass with those standoffs tho

Yeah I wish I could get m2c kraton 6s tower to fit properly. But not will to experiment with something that expensive. I got bashers queens CF tower with m2c arrmas 6s standoffs

It does look bad ass with those standoffs tho
Are you using the TC "swiss" 7075 upgraded towers?

Basher

Screenshot_20230401-083625.png

Hmmmm, that's got me thinking 🤔

Possible to add an additional support at the front of the shock standoff, effectively a 'Y' shaped plate, and mount to the front of the diff housing?

Of course you'd need to consider load transfer into the tower and chassis, and additional weight.

Biggest point for me though, is why the tower and standoffs got bent?
Is there enough travel on the shocks to allow the chassis to bottom out before the shock hits the internal bump stop? If not, that might give enough of an impact to bend things.
Maybe adjust droop screws

Back