Kronos XTR Shock Standoffs... Recommendations?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

winterlong75

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Sketer
I've had not problems with the stock standoffs on my Skeeter or Kronos XTR...until this weekend when I managed to break two (on separate runs).

I have pack of replacements on the way but curious what other people are running.

Maybe I should just stay away from the skatepark...left home with 4 rigs this morning and came home with 4 casualties of concrete: 1 shock standoff & broken shock piston (Kronos XTR) 1 snapped shock shaft (Rival MT10), 1 snapped camber link (Granite) and 1 dead motor (Big Rock).

Custom RC Upgrades

1000013177.png

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you can use Arrma, or designed "for" Arrma standoffs..
I put Arrma 6s shocks on the front of my Kronos XTR. Went right on, used TC stanoffs, Arrma's shock bushings..
Then, when it was time to put my Kraton back to service, I put the Kronos shocks on it. I was so impressed by the performance of the Arrma shocks on my Kronos I didn't want to take them off, so I didn't. 😉🤷‍♂️🍻

I saw some interesting shock standoffs on AliExpress - a slightly different take on them, with a machined threaded standoff, and a standard 12,9 steel hex head screw through the middle.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005006172839189.html

And skateparks never end well for me. I just take my Flyhal FC610, as it's small, light and very tough.
The Arrma stock 6s standoffs are actually assembled the same way. It's just a long screw that goes all the way through the tower and threaded bushing. All you really need to repair them is spare screws of the appropriate size, easy to replace on site. 👍

Back