Sketer Shock set up.... Why

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the Baja reference, I think this is a very possible cause.. too much flex of the arms. Redcat Kaiju suffers similarly I feel. Often resulting in split diff output cups, bent shock shafts and cvds.
You're welcome. I thought it had some relevance and was worth adding here.

Again, this is where the durability required for bashers - flex rather than stiffness - compromises geometry and creates an issue elsewhere.

The Corally shocks are fine for how I run, but if I was jumping to the moon, I'd plead with IRC to do a run of really nice XTR shocks - they'd likely work great for Kraton owners as well. 😎😁

You're welcome. I thought it had some relevance and was worth adding here.

Again, this is where the durability required for bashers - flex rather than stiffness - compromises geometry and creates an issue elsewhere.

The Corally shocks are fine for how I run, but if I was jumping to the moon, I'd plead with IRC to do a run of really nice XTR shocks - they'd likely work great for Kraton owners as well. 😎😁
Good stuff👍
I have a Losi Lasernut here that my brother "gifted" to me after he became frustrated of fixing every outing.. it is a nice machine, really looks the part of a "U4" rock racer.. it's a bit underbuilt in the drivetrain considering the tire size and 4s capability I feel. The part that I don't like, and I believe this applies to most Losi vehicles, is the rigidity of the plastic parts.. just too rigid. Makes for a good race rig, not so forgiving for a basher though.
I know the Lasernut is not really a basher but, you would think a "rock racer" would be a bit more "flexible". Well, I would anyways🤷‍♂️
I refer to it as "The 'Nut on a shelf", a play at the Xmas holiday theme of "Elf on a shelf"..😉🤣

I think plenty of people bend their shock shafts on Corally rigs, so it is definitely a thing - but it's not because the shocks are too long.

The long armed cars yes, but my Sketer will break arms before shock shafts IME.

Back