Shafts and outdrives problem - sketer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr. Fring

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Radix
  2. Sketer
As you can see, I'm starting to have failure of the drive shafts and outdrives ohn my sketer... surprised to see this happening already!
20220402_160442.jpg

20220402_160500.jpg

20220402_160603.jpg

Last edited:
I've purchased new cups and shafts... I'll have to see what's up because there's gotta be slop in there somewhere for this to happen.

Gonna check wheels too - hubs, bearings, any shims needed, e.t.c. Gonna check each diff too to see if they are missing any shims or spacers. This is where parts availability sucks... not that they're not available but I have to wait a week now for them to mail. None of my local hobby shops carry corally. This could be reason enuf for me to only have one corally. I have an arrma talion exb that I can get parts locally. 😊

Last edited:
About how many packs you have through it?

I'd say 10 maybe? I would expect these parts to require replacement at some point but not after this many runs. I haven't bashed it real hard either.... and still only running stock 13 tooth pinion. I'm waiting on parts now :-(

Last edited:
I have about 20 packs through mine and have bashed pretty hard. Mine still look good.

Is it just the center rear?

Took these just now. They still look good. And this is with a Castle MMX 2200kv setup, 17t pinion on it. I drive it hard too.

20220402_193942.jpg
20220402_193959.jpg
20220402_194048.jpg

Almost look brittle, I wonder if the just weren’t tempered right

Any chance you’ve been running on tall(er) grass? It puts significant stress on drivetrain.

No that's just some clay dust. Never ran in the wet

No... asphalt and clay surface. Also some hard packed dirt roads
If you remove the driveshafts, does everything spin freely? How are the wheel bearings?

If you remove the driveshafts, does everything spin freely? How are the wheel bearings?

I haven't taken everything apart yet as I'm waiting in parts. However, I'm going to go thru each diff to make sure there's no missing washers (front, center and rear), then I'm going to check the wheels (bearins, cups, hubs, washers for shims, any slop).

Basically going to rebuild the whole drivetrain

Last edited:
Has to be something creating resistance.

I started having a squeak almost immediately... posted about it. Wondering if the wheel bearings were bad out of box. I'm going to just go ahead and replace them and then see if they were bad

Back