Servo problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

veepeeh

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Shogun
My Shogun RTR servo ratless on center like grazy. And its sloppy at center. That shake stops only if i take hold on tire. If i steer left or rigth and then return to center it starts again.
I Think servo is broken . Or what is going on. BEG is that 7 and something volts.

Servo jitter can sometimes be solved (for a while at least) by cleaning the potentiometer inside. Open up the servo and remove the gears, then you'll see the top of the potentiometer shaft - a good squirt of WD40 / GT85 will clean up the tracks and might well rescue it so you can carry on bashing whilst you're waiting for the new AliExpress that you've ordered.
Let us know how you get on👍

I allready throw away that :LOL:. Went to the local hobbyshop and bougth new Power HD servo. And Tekno EB48 2.1:love:
Iam happy.... But my Lady isnt....

I have had no luck with the TC servos. I bought one from Jenny's when I built out my XTR. Figured I'd try going all TC electrics with the Kuron/Torox too.
My first servo was fine for the first few runs, then started glitching out on center just as the OP describes.. Ted over at Jenny's hooked me up with a free replacement TC servo. That one lasted about a month. The output shaft splines got twisted on an impact.. that was it, I was done with TC servos after that. I mean, even the weak(ish) steer link didn't break on that crash?
I threw a DS3235 in ($30).. been a year now, no issues. I did just break the steering rack recently though.. time to upgrade to the double plate setup I guess.

Back