Sketer Screws stripped/backing out

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Hey all,

Just noticed some of the screws are backing out from the rear bumper/skid plate. When I tighten them they don't get fully snug. Not sure if it's the threads on the screws themselves or the holes they go into.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would thread lock or plumber's tape resolve this? Thanks in advance.
IMG_20230815_164702175.jpg

Hey all,

Just noticed some of the screws are backing out from the rear bumper/skid plate. When I tighten them they don't get fully snug. Not sure if it's the threads on the screws themselves or the holes they go into.

Has anyone else experienced this? Would thread lock or plumber's tape resolve this? Thanks in advance. View attachment 4446

Probably just the threads from being over tightened. Those screw into plastic so I seriously doubt its the treads on the screw. Plumbers tape may work but I've never tried it. When this is the case for me I will take a lil medium or thick superglue and put some into the screw hole and spread it around with a toothpick and let it dry good, I usually do it twice and that's always worked for me. Just snug it up till it gets tight.

Last edited:
It's probably just the plastic thread that's stripped. Superglue will certainly help, when it cures it'll re-form the threads quite nicely. I've had to use it to stop the lower shock eye screws backing out of the arms, but can still be removed if needed.

Never use threadloc though, it'll attack the plastic and make it very brittle.

It's probably just the plastic thread that's stripped. Superglue will certainly help, when it cures it'll re-form the threads quite nicely. I've had to use it to stop the lower shock eye screws backing out of the arms, but can still be removed if needed.

Never use threadloc though, it'll attack the plastic and make it very brittle.
I agree 100% on the threadloc, metal to metal only..

Back