Asuga Running 6S for the first time

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
So, after putting 3 4S packs through her, I decided to pull out the stops and go big full 6S this afternoon. She handles beautifully! The power is just right for a big rig, and the extra oomph really helps keep the nose up going over bumps and hitting the jumps. And she's fast! Of course, everyone knows red ones go faster. ;)

But in all seriousness, the rig really comes to life with the 6S power and handles it very well. I'm so happy with this car!

1709168554440.png

You said the jumps handle better on 6S?

Went to a dirt track last week and i almost constantly had the issue of landing on the roof with 4S after jumps unless i really kept pushing the trigger which, obviously, ended in jumps almost always going too far.
So with 6S your initial take off lifts the front more so they end up better in the end, am i getting that right?

So with 6S your initial take off lifts the front more so they end up better in the end, am i getting that right?

Yes! Well, from my very limited experience, this was the case. I've been bashing at a new housing construction site. There are a series of flat areas separated by ruts with nice, almost perfect 45-degree angles for jumping. So, this let me build up speed, jump and land, jump and land, 2-3 times across the big dirt lot. On 4S she was inclined to nosedive. With 6S, the extra torque and wheel spin seemed to help keep the nose up, without requiring more speed.

I think the rig really comes alive with 6S, and (with a little throttle discipline) still handles great!

4s is more 'subtle', backflips need careful planning, and jumps need a bit of extra thought on takeoff and landing.
On the 6s just about anything is possible. The extra wheel speed makes the attitude control so much more responsive. Easier to get out of trouble, but sadly also easier to get into trouble in the first place!

In all honesty, alot of what you guys are mentioning regarding the trajectory characteristics of your rigs can be ironed out with a little bit of ride height and suspension tuning and more launch experience. 4S on my Shogun around the track rarely sends me on my lid unless I mess up the approach on the jump. Proper throttle control on the jump face usually ends up with a level rig in the air for the most part. (y)

What I'm working on now is minimizing air time and sticking the landing on the back side of the triple or the double. As soon as I hit that transition, I'm right back on the gas getting ready for the next turn or jump. Getting the shock oil and ride height sussed played a huge factor in how the Shogun handled its jumps. 😁

If you're experiencing the rear end coming up on the jumps, try staying on the gas a little more before you launch. If the rear is still coming up, check the jump face to see if there's anything on the lip that may cause your rear to buck as you launch. Then you can thicken the oil a little to help slow down that rebound.

Just my unsolicited 10 cents. ✌️😬

I’ll give ya that, the green does look mean! 😈

I’ll give ya that, the green does look mean! 😈
I haven’t hit that “place order” button yet but I’ve had a green Asuga sitting in the shopping cart for about 2 months. Spring is coming, might have to scratch that itch pretty soon. 😈

Last edited:
Yes, the difference between 3s and 6s is huge. But many of us here find that 6s is a bit too much power, and we use 4s more often. I wouldn't suggest you go out and buy a 4s just to see how it goes, but if you happen to have one 4s battery or two 2s batteries you might want to give it a try.

Back