Replacing stock wheels and tires on Radix 6s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Muraco
  3. Radix
I've seen a couple of videos where the stock wheel and tire combination collapsed after a jump. What wheel and tire combination are forum members using to replace the stock wheels and tires?

I've seen a couple of videos where the stock wheel and tire combination collapsed after a jump. What wheel and tire combination are forum members using to replace the stock wheels and tires?
I use Louise B-ulldoze tires on my Radix6. Broke a stock wheel after a couple of sessions.

I use Louise B-ulldoze tires on my Radix6. Broke a stock wheel after a couple of sessions.
Thanks. Louise is the European brand of Duratrax here in the US. I'll have to see if there is a Duratrax equivalent available here.

I might go with a solid wheel to keep the chance of breaking a wheel lower than with a spoked wheel.

Last edited:
1649504920415.png

I've read about quite a few of the Badlands coming unglued at the first run, so I'm staying away from them for right now.

I was spinning the stock wheels on a work stand this morning, and all four of them have a significant flat spot. I have a set of nearly new Duratrax Lockups from a 3s buggy, so I'm temporarily putting those on my Radix until I decide which wheels and tires to buy.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71h98lmZFhL._AC_SX522_.jpg

Thankfully, mine have white lettering instead of the blue shown in the pic.

I might consider the Duratrax Six Pack.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/71vTwncYlUL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Great wheels/tyres, but the tyres just come unglued too often ..!!😩
That's why I'm staying away from them. For the price they go for, they should be glued better.

I just ordered a set of Duratrax Six Pack tires on white disk wheels. I do a mix of pavement, grass, and dirt, and the reviews say they are good on all surfaces. I already have a set of Duratrax Banditos I bought for another buggy for running strictly on pavement.

Last edited:
In competition it is normal that you have to glue the tires every 5-6 batteries, no matter what brand it is!

That's why I'm staying away from them. For the price they go for, they should be glued better.
Totally agree with you..!!

Mine came unglued on first run, then pretty much come unglued ever few runs after that..😩😩 would never buy them again..👎🏼

I think the real reason for the ungluing is that most buggy tyres are only really intended to be used at 4s power, for me the only buggy tyres I have had not come unglued are the Arrma Typhon ones, although with those the rims tend to crack so it's still a losing battle....

The Duratrax Six Packs arrived yesterday: I wasn’t able to run my Radix with them on yesterday or today. Maybe tomorrow.

The Duratrax Six Packs are doing great for me: they have good grip on grass and loose dirt, which is mostly what I run on. They also do well on pavement.

Radix side view.jpg

Back