Kronos Rear wheels not spinning the right way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stormwind

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos
I have just finished replacing the pinion in my rear drive train to find that the rear is now super stiff.
I stuck in a battery and tried to give it a slow test only to find that the wheels are now spinning in the opposite direction to the front which is quite amusing to say the least - however, it is not much fun.

Has anyone else had this? I am guessing that I have put the rear transmission in backwards which would explain why it's stiff since the transmission is not sat in the groove?

It's an easy mistake to make!! 🤣🤣🤣🤣😝Though on most modern truggies, this isn't possible - due to the mouldings only accepting the crown on the correct side.

Screenshot_20230809-202245.png

This image is of the front. Make sure your rear diff's crown is on the same side. 👍😝

Yup thought as much.
I've definitely done the same thing before but realised before I've reassembled the whole lot. This time, I didn't notice. Struggled getting the screws in the bottom, now I know why!

"It" happens, LOL. I've done it too. Strip a rig or even just one end end down, come back to it a few days later, which way this thing go?🤔🤷‍♂️ I never got as far as installing a battery though. You got me there.😉🤣🤣
I guess there's probably a manual for these things.. I just can't be bothered,LOL.

Whoops. In running the battery through it I appear to have made it's own groove in the chassis 🤦‍♂️.
I hope that I haven't damaged my brand near diff :(

Took it out for a bash today after switching the gear around and thought I had finally removed fixed all the slippage. Ran fine on my 4S battery. Put my 6S in there and that slippage sound comes back. I think it's likely that I'll need to replace the spur and pinion gears in the front diff as well now 🙄.
How long do the gears usually last? Mine seem to have only lasted 6 months (with light usage, possibly about 15-20 hours runtime I'd say).

IMG_20230812_131725.jpg

Whoops. In running the battery through it I appear to have made it's own groove in the chassis 🤦‍♂️.
I hope that I haven't damaged my brand near diff :(

Took it out for a bash today after switching the gear around and thought I had finally removed fixed all the slippage. Ran fine on my 4S battery. Put my 6S in there and that slippage sound comes back. I think it's likely that I'll need to replace the spur and pinion gears in the front diff as well now 🙄.
How long do the gears usually last? Mine seem to have only lasted 6 months (with light usage, possibly about 15-20 hours runtime I'd say).

View attachment 4437
I would argue that graunching, slipping and clicking noises are not light use. Or attempting to run with a diff in backwards. 😝 These are all fairly severe trauma for a drive train.

My gears are still good since November 2021.

With your new gears - grease them up and shim these as necessary to get drive which is free with a hint of backslash - just a tick.

Back