Sketer Rear axle binding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

Reaction score
So while my esc is out for warranty, i went through and took care of all the diffs. While putting the rear diff and axles back in. I found that the axles bind if i turn them with no load on the suspension. Like they are too long, squat the suspension and all is smooth. Put it all back to the way it came. Not sure how i should correct this, adjust camber?

Yes , thats what i ment when i said i put it back the same as it came.

Are the dog bones fully in the outdrives and axles? As in if you try to slide them back and forth you can't cause they're jammed tight? Adjusting camber is an option, within reason, doesn't take much to go from negative to positive camber, depending on the vehicle I usually run 0° to -2°, like BashingBrian said if there's multiple holes I'd start playing around and see what you come up with

So hrp says the rear dogbones should be 93mm. Mine are 100mm no wonder they bind

IMG_20230218_081651313.jpg

I just put corally CVD's in the back of my Sketer. haven't tried it yet. Maybe a ideas to do the same?

Even then they are still over 93 mm.. i think they were 96mm
Center to center of the pins. Just trying to save you a few bucks from ordering another set that'll be the same as ya got. I verified the measurements on some new in package stuff corally has the lengths labeled on, they base it of the center of the pins

IMG_20230218_154603548.jpg

IMG_20230218_154744693.jpg

Center to center of the pins. Just trying to save you a few bucks from ordering another set that'll be the same as ya got. I verified the measurements on some new in package stuff corally has the lengths labeled on, they base it of the center of the pins

View attachment 3487

View attachment 3488
Sent the same pics to corally, they are sending new ones. Will see how they measure

Back