RC skills are good for life!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniC

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
RC skills are very good for things other than the RC hobby!

Last night I was able to very easily fix the robot vacuum we have in the house (Eufy 30C), it was making an awful noise. Just had to take it apart, rebuild the gears on each wheel, regrease, fixed a cable that had stripped, tested the brushed motors individually, etc. Now the robot vacuum is back in business, good as new! Someone else would have probably thrown it away.

Hell, I was even starting to think how to convert it to brushless!!!! 😂🤣 Oh, and it has a 4S pack in it, I wonder if I throw a 6S in will it do the cleaning a bit faster?

This is why I love this hobby, we learn so many useful things along the way. How have your RC skills helped you in your day to day?

Hell, I was even starting to think how to convert it to brushless!!!! 😂🤣 Oh, and it has a 4S pack in it, I wonder if I throw a 6S in will it do the cleaning a bit faster?
Of course it will, just remember to put everthing (including furniture!) out of the way... ;)

How have your RC skills helped you in your day to day?
My soldering skills improved a lot and I spend more time outdoors running (and breaking) my cars. Still not enough, but it's a start.

Last edited:
Question is.....How many extra parts did you have ;)

Question is.....How many extra parts did you have ;)
hahaha good one! In fact after I had finished I realised I had forgotten to put a pin retainer on one side, and put a shim on the wrong side on the other! So I had to open again and fix! :ROFLMAO:

hahaha good one! In fact after I had finished I realised I had forgotten to put a pin retainer on one side, and put a shim on the wrong side on the other! So I had to open again and fix! :ROFLMAO:
Now your sounding like me lol!

I do it with everything....but by doing so we have the routine down pat!

Back