Rant

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

glynncLB

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Triton
Hey gang bit of a rant,wen buying new rcs,looking at traxxas,arma most say battery and charger not included,cos they assume most people Ave or had that make, say £800 for car ,few hundred more on top, for charger and batts,don't think they consider people like me whose never had that make b4 thoughts

There's a big difference between toy grade RC vehicles and hobby grade RC vehicles. Toy grade vehicles often come with batteries and chargers, and those batteries and chargers are junk. Oftentimes so are the vehicles. If you are serious about RC, then you accept that quality costs money and pay for it. The old saying "buy once, cry once" applies here. If you're not willing to pay the cost for a hobby grade vehicle plus a battery and charger, you're in the wrong hobby.

There's a big difference between toy grade RC vehicles and hobby grade RC vehicles. Toy grade vehicles often come with batteries and chargers, and those batteries and chargers are junk. Oftentimes so are the vehicles. If you are serious about RC, then you accept that quality costs money and pay for it. The old saying "buy once, cry once" applies here. If you're not willing to pay the cost for a hobby grade vehicle plus a battery and charger, you're in the wrong hobby.
I've got hobby grade just a bit miffed over price u know wot I mean, last message meant generally not Aving go at anyone in particular.

Three reasons batteries and chargers aren't included in RTR vehicles:

1) If manufacturers included chargers and batteries in the price, the quality of the overall product would have to go down to meet a price point. Your $400 RC would cost around $500, or your $400 vehicle with battery and charger would actually be a $300 vehicle.
2) LiPo batteries are hazardous material: they have to be sent under special provisions, which would preclude them from being included in RTR vehicles.
3) Many serious RC enthusiasts want to choose their own batteries and chargers. They don't want to pay for a cheap item they won't ever use.

You are obviously more concerned about price than quality, and that's OK if that works for you. But I venture to say that most of us are more concerned about quality, which we then balance with price. Some don't care about price at all: they buy the best regardless of price. Just don't expect to get something for nothing, which is what you are essentially asking for when you want a charger and battery included in the price of a vehicle.

Team Associated offers rtr's with everything included, as does Traxxas, well I think it's referred to as a "completer pack"?
Either way, you're going to pay for it.
As @morrjr71 stated, $400 rtr without, or $550 with everything. Same vehicle either way.
Trust me, you can almost always find equal or even better batteries and charger outside one specific manufacturers offerings.
In general, this is not a very good hobby for someone who doesn't want to learn it's "in's and out's", IMO. It'll be even more expensive and disappoint rather quickly.
There's many great, knowledgeable folks here to help you along if you need it.
Good luck!!

Back