Radix Radix Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bckyrdbshr

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Python
  2. Radix
Hi, I just picked up a new Radix 6s roller. I plan to run it on 4s and eventually going to turn it into on road. Ill be running a Spektrum Firma 2050kv motor and a Firma 150a ESC. Id like to hit maybe the low to mid 50's spur is stock and I've got a15 tooth pinion gear. What are your thoughts on this?? think it will over heat or be good. I plan to run a fan as well on the motor. As far as speed wise what do you think about the combo mentioned??
s-l1600.jpg

That combo will run 50 mph all day for sure with a fan on the motor. If you want to stick to 4s you're going to need to buy some bigger pinions. You will need at least a 22t pinion to hit 50 mph on 4s and even bigger if you want to go above that. That's assuming stock tires at 113mm diameter. 6s with your current pinion will have you just about at 50 mph.

That combo will run 50 mph all day for sure with a fan on the motor. If you want to stick to 4s you're going to need to buy some bigger pinions. You will need at least a 22t pinion to hit 50 mph on 4s and even bigger if you want to go above that. That's assuming stock tires at 113mm diameter. 6s with your current pinion will have you just about at 50 mph.
This 100%. Short tires, low kv, and low voltage is gonna take a bit to see speed, what you listed above will yield mid 30mph depending on tire height

6s is the easiest,cheapest and most reliable way to 50mph with that setup.
4s could do it, but is asking alot from the electronics IMO. Give 4s a go, see where things are, but I think it's a strain on the electronics that'll show up in the form of heat. Hot motor, esc and possibly batteries depending on what you use.

Looks like 6s is the winner!!! Another question. Does anyone know how much extra battery length the v2 battery tray has over the stock?? I would like to just run a single 6s rather than 2 3s batts, I've noticed most of the bigger 6s batteries are bigger than the stock tray.

Looks like 6s is the winner!!! Another question. Does anyone know how much extra battery length the v2 battery tray has over the stock?? I would like to just run a single 6s rather than 2 3s batts, I've noticed most of the bigger 6s batteries are bigger than the stock tray.
Right at 20mm extra length

Back