Radix Radix 6 on sale at Modelsport

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuzz

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Muraco
Been umming and ahing, Radix 6 on sale at Modelsport for £329… be rude not too. I own the Muraco but the radix turns so much better!

Trouble is it’s exactly the same as my mates so have had to add some go faster stickers!

Why do these corners at the back stick out so much though? Has anyone trimmed them off or used Velcro to stick down?

IMG_3064.jpeg

E98128F2-6F51-4003-80ED-BA80F373CD61.jpeg

302490FA-33FF-4CCE-B5A5-6CAED0CD5C24.jpeg

Been umming and ahing, Radix 6 on sale at Modelsport for £329… be rude not too. I own the Muraco but the radix turns so much better!

Trouble is it’s exactly the same as my mates so have had to add some go faster stickers!

Why do these corners at the back stick out so much though? Has anyone trimmed them off or used Velcro to stick down?

View attachment 4872

View attachment 4873

View attachment 4874
It’s already b
Yes I used velcro to keep that body against the chassis otherwise you will tear the body.
That’s better
IMG_3072.jpeg

IMG_3073.jpeg

That's how much I payed for mine at release over a year ago ...:cool:
Really? I thought they were around 470 new? 🤷🏻‍♂️
Oh well, they are now 349. But at 329 what an awesome price, shame the weather isnt so good until spring… can I wait that long? 🤔

You’re right! Been to a car park for a run in on 4s…
Very impressive handling (compared to the Muraco) turning circle nice and tight 😁

Lost a wheel but! One of my 4s batteries has decided to downgrade itself to a 3s 🤷🏻‍♂️

Only bought batteries in April. Always storage charged and kept in lipo bags in the garage so hoping they are under warranty 🤞🏼

IMG_3084.jpeg

IMG_3085.jpeg

CNHL, China Hobby Line? Banggood specials, are they decent?
In my opinion, and lots would agreed the CNHL batteries are best bang for buck batteries out there, check their website they always run deals too..!! (y) :cool:

https://chinahobbyline.com/

I run loads of the G+ versions and some of the racing hardcases, never had an issue with any of them, the G+'s are basically graphine spec.

In my opinion, and lots would agreed the CNHL batteries are best bang for buck batteries out there, check their website they always run deals too..!! (y) :cool:

https://chinahobbyline.com/

I run loads of the G+ versions and some of the racing hardcases, never had an issue with any of them, the G+'s are basically graphine spec.
I run them successfully on my FPV drones and they're pretty damned good. Yes, I have some tattu lipos, but I'm finding HV lipos are nice and punchy with less noticeable sag on punch outs.

GNB are great too - psychedelic batteries. 🤣

Hi guys.
What do you think for the Radix at €399.00?(brand new)
Does the car have any serious disadvantages or parts that definitely need an upgrade?

Last edited:
Radix 6 I presume?
Fantastic car. Few things that let it down:-
Battery tray is short and Tyres not great grip (but better than Muraco).

Just don’t run it into curbs or walls on 6s and it will keep the cost of ownership down.

My mate/neighbour had one. I bought the Muraco and now have the Radix 6 too, but I’ve only ran the radix once a little bit due to the weather.

I’m 6s things just wear quicker, the drive cups can be upgraded to harder steel but I’ll do that once these are worn out.

Pillow balls can pop out but that’s better than breaking and is usually from driver error.

TC are nicely built, fast, and warranty/support from Modelsport is amazing.

For the money it is superb and I highly recommend.

End points are not easily set with the supplied transmitter, I’ve upgraded to a Dumbo DDF350 and end points are now perfect.

Go for it, you won’t get anything Traxxas or Arrma for that money

My first Corally vehicle was a Radix6. I installed the longer battery tray, and I've installed most all of the TC 7075 aluminum parts, except for the chassis (I don't jump). I run Duratrax Six Pack tires (Louise brand in Europe). The Radix6 and my Muraco are controlled by a Radiolink RC6GS radio system: it has three times the range of most radios, costs less than $90, and additional receivers are less than $20.
Radix side view.jpg

I'm still using FASST receivers. Futaba ones are non-existent and FRSky ones are seemingly only available in 6-7 channel versions.

Here's what I'm using at the moment in my new build, where a 3 channel receiver would have sufficed:

1000014783.png

Whilst I will stubbornly cling to my 3VCS radio, the range is excellent, finding suitable receivers is getting increasingly difficult.

I will only use stick radios. (I fly stuff as well and mustn't undo my memory muscle).

This is the problem for people that buy quality kit - they end up with a house full of very old stuff! 🤣

My first Corally vehicle was a Radix6. I installed the longer battery tray, and I've installed most all of the TC 7075 aluminum parts, except for the chassis (I don't jump). I run Duratrax Six Pack tires (Louise brand in Europe). The Radix6 and my Muraco are controlled by a Radiolink RC6GS radio system: it has three times the range of most radios, costs less than $90, and additional receivers are less than $20.View attachment 5078
I like that! And the wheel hex's 👍🏼 I got hold of new old stock dboot hoons, belted. Look real nice and can't wait to try them on the hard stuff… if I can stop the wheels coming off 😂

I'm still using FASST receivers. Futaba ones are non-existent and FRSky ones are seemingly only available in 6-7 channel versions.

Here's what I'm using at the moment in my new build, where a 3 channel receiver would have sufficed:

View attachment 5079

Whilst I will stubbornly cling to my 3VCS radio, the range is excellent, finding suitable receivers is getting increasingly difficult.

I will only use stick radios. (I fly stuff as well and mustn't undo my memory muscle).

This is the problem for people that buy quality kit - they end up with a house full of very old stuff! 🤣
Yeah the dumbo receivers are like 8 channel. I'll never use them. Receivers were about £10 and got one with the transmitter for about £75.

My first Corally vehicle was a Radix6. I installed the longer battery tray, and I've installed most all of the TC 7075 aluminum parts, except for the chassis (I don't jump). I run Duratrax Six Pack tires (Louise brand in Europe). The Radix6 and my Muraco are controlled by a Radiolink RC6GS radio system: it has three times the range of most radios, costs less than $90, and additional receivers are less than $20.View attachment 5078
That’s Fire 🔥 Very nice! 👍

What's the size of the stock battery tray?
50x140mm.
The Muraco tray is adjustable and the body is bigger so you can stack 2 x 3 s hard case batteries or a decent single one.
The radix you need 2 low profile 3s to make 6s (unless you buy a 6s) so very limited choices available.
I didn’t realise you could buy a larger battery tray.
I haven’t got 6s charger so copied my mate and got these core RC packs.

IMG_3253.jpeg

IMG_3252.jpeg

d7a0fc60-26cd-46af-893c-fa2b70510e40.jpeg

IMG_3252.jpeg

IMG_3253.jpeg

IMG_3092.png

IMG_3095.jpeg

Back