Kronos XTR Punisher's roof skids on the Kronos XTR?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm reviving this thread. I have a strong feeling the Punisher roof skids should fit the XTR. But It'd be nice if someone could confirm. Perhaps someone here has both and you can eye them side by side and see what you reckon!

I use the RPM skid rails on my 1/10 rigs and find them to be super effective. Not sure how they would do on a larger 1/8 body, but I suspect they would do the trick. https://www.amainhobbies.com/rpm-body-skid-rails-rpm70592/p1304320
These look amazing! Only thing to check is the note that says:

Sold in pairs. At least 1/2” (12.7mm) of clearance under the body where they mount is required for proper installation.

There's the centre tower, will have to make sure it doesn't interfere.

These look amazing! Only thing to check is the note that says:

Sold in pairs. At least 1/2” (12.7mm) of clearance under the body where they mount is required for proper installation.

There's the centre tower, will have to make sure it doesn't interfere.
On the Sketer center tower I just cut the foam pad at an angle to make room for the mount. Not sure how the tower lines up with the Kronos body but there may be room on either side of the tower? Good luck!

On the Sketer center tower I just cut the foam pad at an angle to make room for the mount. Not sure how the tower lines up with the Kronos body but there may be room on either side of the tower? Good luck!
Yes it should be doable. (y)

...or, if you don't mind the look, put a Punisher body on it. Not sure what shipping would do for the total price, but Punisher bodies are usually right around 30 US$ on Jenny's (out of stock at the moment).

...or, if you don't mind the look, put a Punisher body on it. Not sure what shipping would do for the total price, but Punisher bodies are usually right around 30 US$ on Jenny's (out of stock at the moment).
Don't mind the look at all actually, I think the Punisher is probably the better looking one. But I have two perfectly good XTR bodies, don't really need a third one.

Back