Pinion and Spur size for a Hobbywing Max 6 and 1650kv motor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Marsden

Reaction score
For people with a Max 6 and Hobbywing 1650kv motor, what pinion and spur combination are you using?

I have a 20T pinion and 46T spur. Which combination do you think works best with this motor?

Ok, I'm running 17/52 in my kronos, I had a 46 spur on in the beginning but had a little wobble so replaced it with the 52 and for the life of me can't remember what pinion I used on the 46. Biggest difference is I'm running 8s and my max6 died so running the castle mmx8s now. If you don't mind me asking what prompts this question? Just looking for options or having issues? To me the 20t pinion seems a bit high but depending where/how you run it may be perfectly fine, I'm running a 24/46 on my radix and it's ideal but also only a 1480kv motor and less weight/shorter tires etc

Ok, I'm running 17/52 in my kronos, I had a 46 spur on in the beginning but had a little wobble so replaced it with the 52 and for the life of me can't remember what pinion I used on the 46. Biggest difference is I'm running 8s and my max6 died so running the castle mmx8s now. If you don't mind me asking what prompts this question? Just looking for options or having issues? To me the 20t pinion seems a bit high but depending where/how you run it may be perfectly fine, I'm running a 24/46 on my radix and it's ideal but also only a 1480kv motor and less weight/shorter tires etc

I was interested in people's ideas on what pinion is suitable for a lower kv motor like the 1650kv motor. I was thinking 20/46, I know some people do 20/50 with Arrma rigs with 1650kv.

The current 52 spur doesn't leave enough room for 18T or greater. I switched to 46T spur, so I might get an 18T.

I was interested in people's ideas on what pinion is suitable for a lower kv motor like the 1650kv motor. I was thinking 20/46, I know some people do 20/50 with Arrma rigs with 1650kv.

The current 52 spur doesn't leave enough room for 18T or greater. I switched to 46T spur, so I might get an 18T.
In trying to do a 20t on my max 6. Trying to find a mount to mod the gear to

max6

Attachments

• IMG_20221224_084027_01.jpg
    IMG_20221224_084027_01.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 66
I want to do the same with my XTR, put in a Max6 with a 1650kv 4985 motor. Nice to see somebody already is busy with that and I can read about it.
The Kuron 825 with Torox 185 from my XTR will go to my Sketer.
Still no ideas yet on how to get a 20 and I also have a 26 I wouldn't mind getting on there just curious what would happen 🤣

Got the 20t pinion to fit and tested a few times. Absolutely insane. I put gps on it and at half throttle it back flipped 1 1/2 times and broke my GPS!!!. So I can't tell tea about a speed run yet but it's looking possibly 70s low 80s potentially will get video

Got the 20t pinion to fit and tested a few times. Absolutely insane. I put gps on it and at half throttle it back flipped 1 1/2 times and broke my GPS!!!. So I can't tell tea about a speed run yet but it's looking possibly 70s low 80s potentially will get video
I got a 20t 46t on kamaga an having some overheating issues. I went down to 18/46 seems a little petty but I blowed diff out again. Replace 3 diff with this combo. It’s a beast. Looking for upgrade diff gears.

For people with a Max 6 and Hobbywing 1650kv motor, what pinion and spur combination are you using?

I have a 20T pinion and 46T spur. Which combination do you think works best with this motor?
Hey what did u find out about ur gearing. Any luck? Do u have overheating issues? Is ur diffs holding up.

I got a 20t 46t on kamaga an having some overheating issues. I went down to 18/46 seems a little petty but I blowed diff out again. Replace 3 diff with this combo. It’s a beast. Looking for upgrade diff gears.

I'm currently running a 46T spur on my Shogun. I have a 15T pinion on a TPPower 4050 1570KV motor. Running on 4S, diffs are fine so far and I don't expect to have any issues in the future. Heat is manageable; it came off the track yesterday at 140 degrees after a race pace 8min run. Motor has a fan on it. (y)

Back