Old timer receiver question?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samo975

Reaction score
Hey guys. Just getting back into the rc car hobby. I got my Kronos xtr (and all components) today. I couldn’t want to build it! Had a blast putting it together, answering my kids questions the best I could. And then when I went to plug the ESC and servo into the receiver, I didn’t know what the correct orientation was. Back in the day, they made these plugs dummy proof so you could only plug them in one way. I looked them over and took a stab at it. But I don’t want to put any power to this machine until I can verify what I am doing 🤷‍♂️. Would you guys mind looking at the pictures and see if I plugged them in right. This is the most I have ever spent on an RC car and I don’t want to break something before I even take it out.

Also separate question, and less important. Am I supposed to put locktite on the two screws I am pointing to on the motor mount?

B2458176-56AA-4BCB-AC91-8ED0E15C51EC.jpeg

C6B8B313-C456-453F-B83B-3E65708545F8.jpeg

1AA8327F-6C9C-4420-86D7-FC5CA8E39C6C.jpeg

4ACE98A4-A4D8-4042-AF05-2B159BA7151C.jpeg

Looks good to me, steering servo on channel 1 and esc on 2, as far as the loctite I'm sure it's recommended but I never do, never had an issue yet

Looks good to me, steering servo on channel 1 and esc on 2, as far as the loctite I'm sure it's recommended but I never do, never had an issue yet
Thank you for the fast reply. What I was worried about more than channel was if I have the negative, positive, and signal wires in the right place. Sorry I should have said that in the original post.

Orientation of the wires is correct too, at least on the esc one, I can't totally make out the servo one

Yeah. That is why I had trouble. All the wires are black except one has a white line on it. It is the Corally 5245 servo, and it didn’t come with any documentation.

Well as long as the plug itself matches the esc one you fine, should be a tab on one side, otherwise the back side will have cut ours, make it match the how the esc one goes and you'll be golden

Fantastic. Thank you! I Will double check it right now.

Sorry. One more question. I installed all the electronics physically. I went to push the bullet plugs into the ESC…is there a trick to installing those. I feel like I can probably get them in. But wow it takes a lot of force. I don’t want to break it. I feel like I must be doing it wrong.

Last edited:
The black wire on a servo or ESC with black, red, and white wires always goes towards the outside edge of the servo. On a servo with all black wires, the hot wire is always in the center, so it won't hurt to try the plug both ways to see which way works.

Fantastic. Thank you! I Will double check it right now.

Sorry. One more question. I installed all the electronics physically. I went to push the bullet plugs into the ESC…is there a trick to installing those. I feel like I can probably get them in. But wow it takes a lot of force. I don’t want to break it. I feel like I must be doing it wrong.
Needle nos pliers and a bit of grease. Works like a charm

Hey guys. Just getting back into the rc car hobby. I got my Kronos xtr (and all components) today. I couldn’t want to build it! Had a blast putting it together, answering my kids questions the best I could. And then when I went to plug the ESC and servo into the receiver, I didn’t know what the correct orientation was. Back in the day, they made these plugs dummy proof so you could only plug them in one way. I looked them over and took a stab at it. But I don’t want to put any power to this machine until I can verify what I am doing 🤷‍♂️. Would you guys mind looking at the pictures and see if I plugged them in right. This is the most I have ever spent on an RC car and I don’t want to break something before I even take it out.

Also separate question, and less important. Am I supposed to put locktite on the two screws I am pointing to on the motor mount?

View attachment 3626

View attachment 3627

View attachment 3628

View attachment 3629
I use blue lock tite on any screws that thread into aluminum

Back