Asuga Ohhhh no , what ever shall I do ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Reaction score
I know , recharge and go again . The poor old asuga has took a beating today , the smellie motor is still going rather well , rear tower is bent cos it went backwards into a tree , have ordered a fancy pants Swiss one . wing mount bust at the same time , the 4s lipos come off after a run and are red hot . What a great little truck , the centre drive shafts are wearing fast
IMG_6430.jpeg
IMG_6435.jpeg
IMG_6436.jpeg
IMG_6434.jpeg

Put the 13t pinion back in and charging up a 6s pack . Will watch my tyres and hopefully bring the temps down

Naaaaa , tried 6s , too heavy and spoils the fun , 16t pinion , 4s charging up , have removed the quicrun ESC and put a spektrum one in with timing at zero , should run cooler now 👍🏻

That’s better , so much better on 4s , even slid into a metal post and jammed the motor , my 6s packs are newer than my 4s ones , so may cut one up to make 4s , also need to look for a bigger motor . But I’ll destroy what I have first . A great weekend had thrashing the bigger buggy

That’s better , so much better on 4s , even slid into a metal post and jammed the motor , my 6s packs are newer than my 4s ones , so may cut one up to make 4s , also need to look for a bigger motor . But I’ll destroy what I have first . A great weekend had thrashing the bigger buggy
Why might you need a bigger motor?

She’ll run cooler
Not always. A bigger motor means more weight, usually bigger motors are also lower kv which is great for high cell counts like 6S and 8S but for say 4S means having to gear up really high to get decent speed, which results in overloading the motor and it running hot regardless of how big and powerful it is.

To get the motor to run cooler I would recommend a Yeah Racing heatsink with 2 30mm fans installed. It is crucial to also fit some 1-2mm good quality thermal pad material to allow the heatsink to work effectively.

Back