Not looking for answers I'm just complaining

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

project_revenant

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
So I received my "Chinese" 15 tooth pinion gear today. I should know better. So while I was installing it I managed to strip the inside of the set screw. I wasn't even putting that much pressure. Yes I have good drivers. That set screw was trash. So I guess I'll be running a 15t pinion for a week until I decide to pull the motor out and drill that damn thing. I'll use a left hand bit, maybe I'll get lucky. Anyways thanks for reading. I'm just mad at my stupidity, and my wife won't understand my frustration.

Oh yea, I’ve been there… many times.. just applying the final good n tight torque and SLIP…. SONOFA!

That’s why I buy nothing but tekno pinions anymore. They have a 2.5mm set screw instead of the typical 2mm.. I have found that I haven’t stripped one since buying the tekno’s …. Even robinson racing which is a GOOD pinion still uses 2.0mm set screw and I don’t really know why 🤔

Anyways… try tekno!

I'm not holding my breath, but every used Arrma I have bought has had that pucker moment... Especially my K4... f'n red Loctite.

Oh yea, I’ve been there… many times.. just applying the final good n tight torque and SLIP…. SONOFA!

That’s why I buy nothing but tekno pinions anymore. They have a 2.5mm set screw instead of the typical 2mm.. I have found that I haven’t stripped one since buying the tekno’s …. Even robinson racing which is a GOOD pinion still uses 2.0mm set screw and I don’t really know why 🤔

Anyways… try tekno!
same here, simply the best imo, love that set screw (y)

Arrma build team and QC uses the Misinformation thread as a study gude

Anyways… try tekno!
Strangely I don't think I have stripped out a Robinson Racing grub screw. Actually I have been extremely lucky when it comes to grub screws on motors, I've only ever lost 2, the first one was on my Outcast 6s when I was trying to change out to the speed pinion the stock grub screw stripped instantly when trying to remove it and the grub screw on my WL Toys 144001 I snapped off my 1.5mm in that grub screw.

But I too recently started using the Tekno pinons as I still trust that 2.5mm set screw more.

Back