Sketer Nose heavy pig.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

Reaction score
These rigs have a terrible center of gravity. Every since i got mine its been terribly nose heavy. Added arrma 4s tires and a bigger can motor just to get it to back flip. Now that i got that settled. The dang thing will land on all 4 tires, and the a** end will bunny hop back up and it will end up on its lid. Ive played with suspension settings to no help. Even if runing across the yard, if you hit a bump it will cause it to rear up and flip over. Very very annoying. Any one else have this issue?

Mine is little front heavy on jumps for sure but I've just adjusted how I jump it, I'm on stock motor still, just swapped to 15T and backflip LP's and mine backflips beautifully, handling is great too not seen anything you've described

Obviously using a bigger, heavier motor will change the balance of the car. Weight forward designs found favour because of the advantages for steering and cornering.

The truck kicking up over little bumps sounds more like a suspension tuning oversight, rather than a centre of gravity problem.

It can be tricky to find a setting that works well for big jumps, and small bumps at speed.

Also, the way the car is 'loaded-up' prior to going over jumps and bumps has a huge effect how the rig behaves.

The size of the face of the bump/jump as you approach has a huge effect on how a rig will behave and makes it necessary to adjust the approach.

For example, if you a approach a jump where the face is smaller than the length of the rig, there is a tendency for the rig to pitch forwards. Counter-intuitively, this issue can actually be worse the further rearwards the weight balance is, because the rear of the car can actually begin to act like a pendulum.

On big jumps, on landing, if your rear end is slapping the ground, the suspension is too soft

Annoyingly, settings that suit large/high jumps don't necessarily suit small bumps.

This was how I used progressive springs in 1/8th & 1/10th buggy where tracks had tricky combinations of both.

Of my bashers, the Sketer isn't the best at flying, but it is the best handling. My best flier is my substantially upgraded Big Rock...the thing is so light and fast it begs for air time. No rigs can do everything perfectly (Kronos XTR comes close, though).

Just my opinion...

Get rid of the rear bumper, it sticks out about 2" too far.

These rigs have a terrible center of gravity. Every since i got mine its been terribly nose heavy. Added arrma 4s tires and a bigger can motor just to get it to back flip. Now that i got that settled. The dang thing will land on all 4 tires, and the a** end will bunny hop back up and it will end up on its lid. Ive played with suspension settings to no help. Even if runing across the yard, if you hit a bump it will cause it to rear up and flip over. Very very annoying. Any one else have this issue?
I had the issue with my Python pulling wheelies it would rub on the rear wing. It cuts into in on the road or on gravel, which with Mach 10’s on it still does. I fitted the wheelie bar. It stops it rubbing the wing and if you time it just right it will run on the wheelie wheel with all four wheels in the air. This has made it a bit rear heavy in jumps, so I fitted the front large bumper from POS. It’s quite stable now but a bit heavier.

60wt oil. Front shocks pre load is about 1/4 in rear is about 1/2 in

I tride that. Didnt seem to help any
It strikes me that your shock oil weight might be too heavy for off road or bashing use.

The Kronos XTR is using 500cst rear and 600cst front. That's 40wt oil rear and 45wt oil front. 🤔

Try a lighter oil and let things move a little quicker. 👍

Back