Newbie Needs Help - 2 Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrettOlbrys

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
OK, I purchased all Corally electronics, including the motor, the ESC, the servo, and a battery. My charger is the Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro. I had to buy an adapter for my battery for it to plug into the main charging port of the Duo Pro, but I guess I need a battery “balancing” adapter for a Corally battery to the Duo Pro charger…

1) Does anyone else have this combo of electronics/battery/charger and if so, what battery balancing adapter from Amazon can I order?

2) I plugged my battery into the ESC, and when I went to power on the ESC, nothing happened. What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks

Brett

I got a set of these... little shorter than i would have liked but they work for me.

Screenshot_20220709-011454_Amazon Shopping.jpg

What car do you have? How many cells does battery have? (2s, 3s,4s etc) maybe you got wrong size... ? Your batteries should be in storage charge when you received them so the esc should recognize the battery cell count if they are correct to the esc capabilities
im gonna guess here... you may need to bind the radio to reciever and then calibrate the esc.

Last edited:
I got a set of these... little shorter than i would have liked but they work for me.

View attachment 2672

What car do you have? How many cells does battery have? (2s, 3s,4s etc) maybe you got wrong size... ? Your batteries should be in storage charge when you received them so the esc should recognize the battery cell count if they are correct to the esc capabilities
im gonna guess here... you may need to bind the radio to reciever and then calibrate the esc.
- Kronos XTR 2022
- Torox 185 ESC
- Kuron 825 motor
- CS 5226 Servo
- Corally Smartbox ESC programmer
- Corally Voltax 120C 6500mah 15.2v 4S battery
- Futaba 4PM R334SBS Radio

OK, I purchased all Corally electronics, including the motor, the ESC, the servo, and a battery. My charger is the Hobbymate D6 Duo Pro. I had to buy an adapter for my battery for it to plug into the main charging port of the Duo Pro, but I guess I need a battery “balancing” adapter for a Corally battery to the Duo Pro charger…

1) Does anyone else have this combo of electronics/battery/charger and if so, what battery balancing adapter from Amazon can I order?

2) I plugged my battery into the ESC, and when I went to power on the ESC, nothing happened. What can I be doing wrong?

Thanks

Brett
Brett, balance boards are pretty universal among chargers so you shouldn't have any issue ordering a board or two without concern of it working with your charger. As far as the no power issue, without seeing what you've got going on all I can do is guess so my question is I'm guessing you've left the esc battery wires as they were out the box, mean you have a set of series wires (2 battery plug ins) does the unused plug have the jumper wire installed?

Brett, balance boards are pretty universal among chargers so you shouldn't have any issue ordering a board or two without concern of it working with your charger. As far as the no power issue, without seeing what you've got going on all I can do is guess so my question is I'm guessing you've left the esc battery wires as they were out the box, mean you have a set of series wires (2 battery plug ins) does the unused plug have the jumper wire installed?
Correct, I left them as is. One plug is bare, but no jumper came with the Torox 185 ESC, was it supposed to?

I don't know if they typically comes with one or not just buying an esc separate but that's your problem, you need to jump that connector together and you'll have power to the esc

IMG_20220709_112902592.jpg

If you bought your ESC from a RC parts breaker or used it might not come with the jumper. I recently bought an ESC from a parts breaker and I had to buy the jumper separately.

If you bought your ESC from a RC parts breaker or used it might not come with the jumper. I recently bought an ESC from a parts breaker and I had to buy the jumper separately.
I bought it directly from Corally. I was messaging them today (overseas) and one tech said he knows the RTR comes with it, but wasn't sure about the boxed version of the ESC, he will check Monday though. I want to use it this weekend, so may try to hit a hobby shop tonight that's open late because of Saturday night racing.

Back