Shogun New shogun issue, thinking ESC maybe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-Tango

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Shogun
First im happy to be here team. I bit the bullet and picked up my first Team Corally RC. 2 weeks back i got myself a Shogun. The car is a blast to drive but an issue I noticed is that after about 6 minutes into a run, when I give it gas from a stop the car makes a clicking noise and doesn't move. I have to pull the trigger all the way 4 or 5 times and then it will hesitate a little and shoot off. I looked the car all over. I check the mesh of the gears. I verified rocks or something isn't getting stuck in the gears. It really seems like an ESC issue but I have no clue. The car runs perfect up till I get about 5 min into a run. This makes me think the problem is coming on once it heats up. If I turn the car off and let it rest / cool down the problem stops till I run it for a few minutes again. Anyone have any idea what might be going on? The car is box stock except I changed the tires to the Method RC teraform tires they make for the Mojave. I changed a few settings in the ESC, full punch, increased brake and reverse power and changed the BEC voltage to 7.4.

Did it give you this issue prior to setting the bec to 7.4 or did you do that right away? I've never used the supplied transmitter/receiver but most cheap/rtr ones are only rated for 6v regardless what the esc allows for

Did it give you this issue prior to setting the bec to 7.4 or did you do that right away? I've never used the supplied transmitter/receiver but most cheap/rtr ones are only rated for 6v regardless what the esc allows for
Interesting, I set the ESC settings prior to running it. I guess I could try putting it back to 6. I've had a bunch of RC's over the years and have never ran Into this problem. Granted all my other RC's have been ran mostly off a spektrum DX5 radio.

What is the temp of the motor and ESC?

What is the temp of the motor and ESC?
Thanks for the reply. Temps are still pretty low. I haven't put a temp gun on it but you can easily keep your hands on the motor and ESC. Definitely not as hot as some of my other RC's. I am running a 40 x 40 turbo fan on the motor.

I did hear back from Team Corally today. They advised witj almost 100% certainty that the problem is caused by ripple. They said they were going to send out a CAP Pack and it should take care of the problem. I can honestly say I've never had ripple issues cause a problem like this but I'm open to trying anything that might help. When the pack is delivered I'll install, test and report back my findings.

Back