New outdrive cups problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georghubner

Reaction score
Hello, I installed new outdrive cups on my Radix/Python. Now the drive shaft is very tight. When I turn the wheel, the pin in the ball of the drive shaft pushes the whole arm up. When the arm is horizontal, the wheel stays at the same hight.
So it seems the slits on the cups aren't deep enough. Any ideas what's going on or how to fix it?
Thanks.

20220714_134600.jpg
20220714_134608.jpg

Just the diff cups have been changed? Radix 4 or 6s?

Last edited:
I do know the radix/python do have a different part number on out drives compared to the others in stock form, 00180-153-2 vs 153-3, and do appear to have a deeper cut, that said I'm sure others have added the spring steel ones that can answer. May require the spring steel axles too?? Or maybe there's a different part number for the radix/python out drives in the spring steel version compared to the xtr?? Not sure, never looked into it for that car

I do know the radix/python do have a different part number on out drives compared to the others in stock form, 00180-153-2 vs 153-3, and do appear to have a deeper cut, that said I'm sure others have added the spring steel ones that can answer. May require the spring steel axles too?? Or maybe there's a different part number for the radix/python out drives in the spring steel version compared to the xtr?? Not sure, never looked into it for that car
My guess is they're wrong cups. There is a radix 4s, which I know uses powdered metal diff gears vs machined steel of the 6s version. Very possible the cups and axles are different as well.

Just the diff cups have been changed? Radix 4 or 6s?
Yes. Just the diff cups in the rear. It's a Python XP 6S 2021. This is the new part I installed: C-00180-153-X.

On the website it says it's a compatible tuning part:

Screenshot_20220714-183104_Chrome.jpg

I just checked corally's website and it says to use those in the radix/python they must be used with dogbone c-00180-369-1, so there ya go, requires a shorter dogbone

Poor pic but here you go

Attachments

• IMG_20220714_113418378.jpg
    IMG_20220714_113418378.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 55
I just checked corally's website and it says to use those in the radix/python they must be used with dogbone c-00180-369-1, so there ya go, requires a shorter dogbone

Poor pic but here you go
Ahah..there it is. Sorry @georghubner .. bummer to have to buy more parts, but at least we know now why it no workie..🍻

Poor pic but here you go
Thanks. That solved it.

Ahah..there it is. Sorry @georghubner .. bummer to have to buy more parts, but at least we know now why it no workie..🍻
Yeah, bummer. The waiting for delivery kills me....

Back