Asuga New Asuga roller on the way

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Muraco
  3. Radix
It took me awhile to make the decision to buy one. I'm sure that I will be happy when it arrives.
I'm sure you will be too, it's a great rig, I don't drive mine very often but it always puts a smile on my face when I do, it's a nice driving buggy

It took me awhile to make the decision to buy one. I'm sure that I will be happy when it arrives.

I'm 100% sure you'll be happy with the purchase. I love mine! It's just a fun, fun rig, especially on 6S. :)

I picked up a G*ns Ac* Bashing 4s 6800mah 120C battery from my local RC shop this afternoon. It fits perfectly in my Muraco battery tray, so it should fit in the Asuga battery tray. I have a couple of CNHL batteries if I feel the need for 6s, but my Radix6 and Muraco run great on 4s.

I picked up a G*ns Ac* Bashing 4s 6800mah 120C battery from my local RC shop this afternoon. It fits perfectly in my Muraco battery tray, so it should fit in the Asuga battery tray. I have a couple of CNHL batteries if I feel the need for 6s, but my Radix6 and Muraco run great on 4s.
One nice touch about the Asuga--it's got an adjustable battery tray. There's a plastic piece screwed in there that fits a 4S perfectly. Take it out and it gives you extra space for a 6S. I do 4S sessions on my ramp since the ramp's too big to fit in my car, but then I let loose with 6S at a nearby housing construction site. You should be set for fit, no matter which direction you go. Regardless of what size battery you run, I'm sure you'll really enjoy this car. I am still so impressed by this rig!

One nice touch about the Asuga--it's got an adjustable battery tray. There's a plastic piece screwed in there that fits a 4S perfectly. Take it out and it gives you extra space for a 6S. I do 4S sessions on my ramp since the ramp's too big to fit in my car, but then I let loose with 6S at a nearby housing construction site. You should be set for fit, no matter which direction you go. Regardless of what size battery you run, I'm sure you'll really enjoy this car. I am still so impressed by this rig!
I own two HRB 6s 4000mah batteries that fit in the tray with the removable piece installed. I bought them for my Radix6 that came with the smaller battery tray. I installed the longer battery tray shortly after buying the Radix so I could run larger batteries.

The Asuga roller arrived today. Other than poorly adjusted front pivot balls, it's great. Now to assemble it.

To save money, I was going to buy the roller and use a motor and ESC I had laying around. There were fitment issues with both the motor and the ESC, so I decided to buy a Torox/Kuron system from a RC parts breaker I use regularly. Based on past experience, the ESC and motor should be here in three to four days. I have the servo and receiver on hand waiting to install when the ESC and motor arrive.

I'm just barely above the price of a RTR Asuga. I would have added the aftermarket servo and receiver to the RTR anyway, so I'm satisfied with the way things are turning out. Now the wait for parts.

Congrats on the Asuga arrival! I’m sure that you will love it! 👍

FedEx screwed up the shipping of my Torox 185 and Kuron 825. The package was coming from New Jersey to me in southern Maryland, and it was supposed to be delivered yesterday. Somehow the package got sent to Charlotte, NC, and it finally got to FedEx in western Maryland late yesterday. FedEx is now telling me I won't get it until Monday: our weather forecast is calling for rain Monday through Wednesday, so the new Asuga might not get a run in until Thursday or Friday. 😠

I couldn't wait for the Corally stuff to arrive, so I pulled out a nearly-new Max8 G2 2250kv system with less than an hour of runtime out of one of my older vehicles and installed it into my Asuga. I got the throttle calibrated, centered the steering, and did a very quick test run on my asphalt driveway to check everything out. I can tell the Asuga is going to be fun when my backyard dries out and isn't muddy. A new 4s battery is charging as I write this.

When the Corally ESC and motor arrives, they will go into the older vehicle. I'm in no hurry to install them after they arrive.

Enjoy it! It’s a fantastic machine!
It definitely is, being bigger than the 1:8 scale buggies it has a stability factor to it they don't offer, it doesn't handle quite as good as my widened 1:8 corally buggies but not far off either, it's a very fun rig to drive.

Back