Kronos XTR Never fails

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

Reaction score
Decided to go over the kronos and give it another shot. Went through it tightened every thing cleaned it, put stock gearing in it. Was going to do a simple 4s run, checked steering end points. Did a couple wheelies went to turn it around to bring it back and the wheels are floppin. Wtf checked it out and this is what i found, broken steering bar

IMG_20230423_120749610.jpg

IMG_20230423_120814819.jpg

Have the xtr, pretty sure i have all that
You may be right: according to the Corally web site, your XTR is shown as having "aluminum twin-plate steering system". But I don't see one in your pics. I know Corally makes changes in their production runs: is it possible you have an older version that didn't come with the stiffener?

21 XTR didn't come with the dual plate.. 22 did, what year is yours?
I added the dual plate to my 21.. then broke a steering arm. At one point a while back, I tightened up my servo saver.. that's when my issues seam to have started. While replacing the steering arm last weekend, I decided to back off the servo saver spring tension a bit. Put 2 packs through it on Saturday, ran great. No breakages. I even decided to go up a tooth on the pinion. Now running a 17t. I have race tires on it, 5.5 inch, running 4s exclusively though..

My Ackerman screw was stripped when I tried taking it out to upgrade it pissed me off now it’s going to be hard to remove it. Seems like it was stripped from factory. 🤯🤯 what’s the best way to remove it??
Try a Dremel cutting disc to cut a slot across the head, then flat screwdriver. Or just drill off the head, a 3mm drill down the centre of the (mangled) hex and it should pop off. You should be able to get the threaded metal bush out of the steering arm, so heat up the bush to break down the loctite and the remainder of the bolt will come out with pliers 👍

Try a Dremel cutting disc to cut a slot across the head, then flat screwdriver. Or just drill off the head, a 3mm drill down the centre of the (mangled) hex and it should pop off. You should be able to get the threaded metal bush out of the steering arm, so heat up the bush to break down the loctite and the remainder of the bolt will come out with pliers 👍
What I do too.. I usually go straight for the drill first, I've accidentally cut too many things with the cut off wheel. That is, a cut off wheel in an air powered die grinder, the Dremel took a dump about 20 years ago and I never felt it was worth it's salt anyway🤷‍♂️
As to the screws though the steer plate, there's no other option than flat heads to attach it to the steer arms unfortunately, but every other 3mm button head gets replaced by cylindrical head screws on ALL my rc's. Hate the 2mm hex wrench!! LOL.. of course it's not the wrench itself, really the button head screws that chafe my arse!!

Back