Muraco Muraco shock issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hmann98

Reaction score
Thought I’d post this for information sake. Got a half dozen packs thru my Muraco and love it. But I had a front shock go limp and leak, so I completely took it apart and the piston was cracked in half. I don’t send the truck sky high, but it broke in half anyway. Stuff happens I know. Here’s the interesting part. The parts that I circled on the diagram were missing all together. I carefully double checked each part and they were never there. So I just put in an order for them at RC explosion along with pistons. The other three shocks are still rebounding fine, and not leaking, so I’m not going to dive into them until necessary, but I thought maybe I should let everyone know to take a careful parts count when you inspect your shocks!
7A9A4509-FAD7-4357-948D-BFCBC58463D6.jpeg

I've broken a couple of shock pistons, but my Punisher does get sent! There's a thicker optional passion set for the Kronos XTR, AND I feel that these would be less likely to bind up on the inside of the shock and crack.
The other missing bits, one is a silicone o-ring, which fits inside the red knurled ring, so difficult to see how this could go missing in use, so might not have been there in the first place.
The other small washer under the piston, on mine the shaft had punched through the hole, and the washer ended up at the very bottom next to the shaft seals.

I've broken a couple of shock pistons, but my Punisher does get sent! There's a thicker optional passion set for the Kronos XTR, AND I feel that these would be less likely to bind up on the inside of the shock and crack.
The other missing bits, one is a silicone o-ring, which fits inside the red knurled ring, so difficult to see how this could go missing in use, so might not have been there in the first place.
The other small washer under the piston, on mine the shaft had punched through the hole, and the washer ended up at the very bottom next to the shaft seals.
Thanks! Yep the o-ring in the red preload adjuster wasn’t there. I removed it from the shock body to clean and check. The small washer under the piston was no where to be found after full disassembly. So who knows? I’m sure mistakes happen on the assembly line. But thanks for the tip of a tougher piston, I’ll have to look into those, especially if it becomes a common thing. My 4 year old Outcast 6s has its original shocks on it, none have been broken or even ever leaked in over 60 battery packs. Just new fluid a couple times. Love this Muraco tho…no real issues yet except this so far! 👍

Are the Arrma 6s pistons the same diameter? They look a bit thicker than the TC versions (even the HD versions), so might be less prone to breakage.

Surely a warranty claim if the o-ring was completely missing? My Muraco shocks have been incredible, I don’t go huge but they’ve never leaked or not worked as intended

Surely a warranty claim if the o-ring was completely missing? My Muraco shocks have been incredible, I don’t go huge but they’ve never leaked or not worked as intended
I hear ya, maybe if it was a large item like an esc or something, I would yes. Glad to hear that you’ve had good luck with these shocks, hopefully it’s just a fluke for me and they’ll be as good as my Outcast shocks from here on 👍

I hear ya, maybe if it was a large item like an esc or something, I would yes. Glad to hear that you’ve had good luck with these shocks, hopefully it’s just a fluke for me and they’ll be as good as my Outcast shocks from here on 👍
My neighbour had the radix 6 (I’ve just bought one too) and his shock come undone, at the lower part where the piston goes into the the bottom, they work themselves unscrewed. Like I say my Muraco ones have been ok but worth checking.

My neighbour had the radix 6 (I’ve just bought one too) and his shock come undone, at the lower part where the piston goes into the the bottom, they work themselves unscrewed. Like I say my Muraco ones have been ok but worth checking.
Definitely worth checking. The other 3 on mine are operating fine so I’ll leave them for now. I really like the Radix, almost bought one but decided on Muraco just for bash running. I put Oucast 4s backflip tires/wheels on it and it made a huge difference in traction.

Definitely worth checking. The other 3 on mine are operating fine so I’ll leave them for now. I really like the Radix, almost bought one but decided on Muraco just for bash running. I put Oucast 4s backflip tires/wheels on it and it made a huge difference in traction.
The Muraco original tyres don’t seem to grip on anything. Up an old rc track near us the Muraco handles better, more planted than the radix, but the steering is awful anywhere else, even when I’ve upgraded the servo saver spring.
I think with a Muraco and Radix I won’t need anything else now.

The Muraco original tyres don’t seem to grip on anything. Up an old rc track near us the Muraco handles better, more planted than the radix, but the steering is awful anywhere else, even when I’ve upgraded the servo saver spring.
I think with a Muraco and Radix I won’t need anything else now.
A pair of nice rigs for sure! I wouldn’t mind having a Kagama either lol

Back