Leaking Sketer shocks anyone?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheels007

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Sketer
Has anyone had this issue? I was just going to take mine out on its maiden voyage when I noticed oil leaking out the top.

Not mine, maybe just needs a little tightening? Check the bladder maybe its not seated well or dried out and cracked

One of mine leaks out the bleeder hole a little. Removed cap, made sure bladder was seated, still same.

One of mine leaks out the bleeder hole a little. Removed cap, made sure bladder was seated, still same.
Hmm Hit up TC, in the meantime you could use a little teflon tape on the bleeder screw

Hmm Hit up TC, in the meantime you could use a little teflon tape on the bleeder screw
Eh, I will mess with it. Ordered a few extra Kronos shocks from JRC, so threw on a new one. Have not messed with the one I took off yet, but I will.

Yep 3 of mine have been leaking since day 1. Not sure what's up everything is tight and looks fine so figured they were just over filled🤷

No issues here as well. But I remember that it was mentioned at one or two unboxing videos I have seen (“Equipped with big bore shocks …oh, one of the shocks feels a little oily, I will have to figure out later …”)

Last night I took the shock off. The oil is squirting out the little bleeder hole. Is that normal? It seems to me lessening though.

Last night I took the shock off. The oil is squirting out the little bleeder hole. Is that normal? It seems to me lessening though.
Same on mine that leaked. Means it is not sealing around the bladder when fully tight.

What did you do to fix it? My black cap is tight against the silver body.
Nothing yet. I would say clean the bladder, make sure no issues, and hit the end of the shock cap with a fine grit paper to make sure it is smooth and no burrs. Ordered a few extra Kronos shocks from JRC, so threw on a new one. Have not messed with the one I took off yet, but I will.

Nothing yet. I would say clean the bladder, make sure no issues, and hit the end of the shock cap with a fine grit paper to make sure it is smooth and no burrs. Ordered a few extra Kronos shocks from JRC, so threw on a new one. Have not messed with the one I took off yet, but I will.
where they C-00173 or C-00172 ?

Mugen Dämpfer Membran MBX-7R/8 (4)​

Artikelnummer: E2524

1647880425074.png

MUGEN membranes help 80%! However, it may be possible that you have to sand down the damper caps 0.5mm on sandpaper then the dampers are 100% tight!

Last edited:
Back