Kronos XTR suspension adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

norcalsc

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
  2. Python
so I really wasn't to happy with the suspension of the XTR Kronos and wasn't sure how I would attack it. So what I did was changed the springs to the TC Hard Truggy springs front and rear and changed the shock fluid to some TLR 750cst and then charged up a few packs. It made a huge difference and was pleasantly surprised, not so soft and mushy now it feels more responsive and controllable. anyone else making changes to the xtr suspension? I thought about buying some take off arrma shocks from Jenny's but I am gonna see how this works out for a while

I put kraton 6s exb springs onto my '21 xtr. I believe I ordered the heaviest springs Arrma lists, can't remember. Haven't done fluid yet, but that's my next move. The heavier springs alone doesn't do a whole lot,but a step in the right direction I think. I did just recently break my first shock rod end on the xtr after an extended cart wheel. Broke that and bent a the dog bone on same wheel. I had some Thunder Tiger bushmaster shocks in the parts bin. Swapped a rod end and spring cup from one of those,straightened the dog bone,good to go.

Last edited:
yeah i noticed one of my front shocks had a slightly bent shock shaft, will have to fix that here soon but it wasnt to bad so it'll have to do for the time being.

I don't want to disrespect the TC shocks, as they work well, and I've not had any leaks, but do wish they used thicker shafts. Maybe v3?
I still think TC has the best lineup for the money. Especially now that Arrma is force feeding the Spektrum crap.

they could definitely be more stout considering the way people are pushing their cars these days

Old thread, but thought I'd chime in with my experience.

For me, the TC shocks are a little underwhelming; I've noticed the pistons would bind in some. I worked with them for almost a year and then made the discovery that Kraton 6S shocks are a direct fit, perform better and are a bit more sturdy. You can even use your stock springs; they'll fit on the Arrma shock body and the Arrma cup.

I made the change last year and my Shogun is handling the track quite a bit better.

Next one I'm going to try is Typhon shocks on the Python.

Old thread, but thought I'd chime in with my experience.

For me, the TC shocks are a little underwhelming; I've noticed the pistons would bind in some. I worked with them for almost a year and then made the discovery that Kraton 6S shocks are a direct fit, perform better and are a bit more sturdy. You can even use your stock springs; they'll fit on the Arrma shock body and the Arrma cup.

I made the change last year and my Shogun is handling the track quite a bit better.

Next one I'm going to try is Typhon shocks on the Python.
Indeed! I used the TC shocks with Arrma Kraton springs until failure.. broken piston, binding pistons too. Then just swapped in some v5 K6S blx shocks, waay better. At least from a durability standpoint.đź‘Ś

Yeah the kraton shocks do seem a bit more beefy...and smoother as well. I ordered a set for my son's Kronos, so I'll set those up exactly how I have them in my Shogun.

Ah, slight correction: I went with Typhon rear shocks to run in the front of his Kronos. They're about 5mm taller or somewhere roundabouts (than the Kraton fronts), so should be good for a little more travel.

Back