Kevin Talbot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I have to agree with everything you've said! They're certainly NOT toys, and I teach that to my 3 and 7 year-olds as I teach them about the hobby. Some times when I'm out driving and a kid comes along and asks me if he can have a go at my 1/8 scale I always say, I'm sorry no, this is not a toy and it could cause serious harm. It's different if I'm with a 1/12 or 1/14 scale, and even then I would limit the throttle to at least 50% before handing over the remote.
I saw about 1/3 of that video and you're right, it was a bit biased and I guess it's just all part of the strategy to get more views. At least he admitted that he's in it purely for the entertainment and the views. But I disagree with what he said that everyone that does YT videos does it to get the most amount of views. That's not always the case, some people do it because they want to share their knowledge and educate others on a given subject.
I guess getting a reaction - whether it be a positive or negative one - is ultimately good for clicks/views.

The ethos of 'whichever toy puts the biggest smile on your face' etc is good. And I get that Kev is yanking the chain on the 'snobbery' element that can lurk within any hobby/sport.

What we don't want to do though is to de-value RC or to put out misleading information that implies to 'responsible adults' that their child's new interest in, say - a 'Raptor 60' - is just a toy. Especially with anything that flies over 250grams now requiring Operator ID, Flyer ID and a Successful >80% result on a test with the CAA.

Now little Jonny is missing 3 fingers, being sued by the neighbours and in trouble with the law! 🤣 Not to worry - he has a massive, smug smile on his face!

Additionally, I wouldn't like kids going out emulating what they see on YouTube, jumping 9kg Trucks off skate park ramps into a road. Or through a roof! No matter how entertaining it is for me, personally.

haha, I'm famous, sort of.
100% 🤣. One day, maybe you can be as infamous like our new friend KT! 😜

I give him credit for reacting on this threat. Gives a inside of how he looks at it. 👍 Maybe KT will join this forum 😉
I really hope he does. 👍 KT is someone that would be awesome to have a 1 2 1 chat with - not a livestream or some online thing - but at a bash site or track.

People rarely see eye to eye on everything, we're all different. But Kev has a lot to offer the forums. Purely on the sheer volume of stuff he's had to fix over the years. 🤣

Kev raises the 'toxic' climate that tends to develop on Facebook etc.

I was a chairman for a large BRCA affiliated club for a number of years and let me tell you, there are bad apples. Sadly, they do put people off and discourage others by being obnoxious, frankly.

Ditto on certain forums.

People need to be more tolerant and enjoy the best that people have to offer.

Last edited:
Respect for his answers..he bought it, he wrecked it..no worries.
I guess with TC or any other company making a claim of being better or tougher than the next, someones gonna take them up on it. Guess he's up for that. I don't send it like that cuz I can't spend it like that, my problem.
Like him or not, he gets the views, which brings home the bacon.
Meanwhile.. here at my 9-5..🤔🤮🤣🍻

100% 🤣. One day, maybe you can be as infamous like our new friend KT! 😜

I really hope he does. 👍 KT is someone that would be awesome to have a 1 2 1 chat with - not a livestream or some online thing - but at a bash site or track.

People rarely see eye to eye on everything, we're all different. But Kev has a lot to offer the forums. Purely on the sheer volume of stuff he's had to fix over the years. 🤣

Kev raises the 'toxic' climate that tends to develop on Facebook etc.

I was a chairman for a large BRCA affiliated club for a number of years and let me tell you, there are bad apples. Sadly, they do put people off and discourage others by being obnoxious, frankly.

Ditto on certain forums.

People need to be more tolerant and enjoy the best that people have to offer.
Hear! Hear!

I'm sure he's a fun guy to hang out with. He's over the top because that's what gets peoples attention..and that's how he's making a living..doing what he loves.. Quite a success story really.

I guess there's always the mute button..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I guess getting a reaction - whether it be a positive or negative one - is ultimately good for clicks/views.

The ethos of 'whichever toy puts the biggest smile on your face' etc is good. And I get that Kev is yanking the chain on the 'snobbery' element that can lurk within any hobby/sport.

What we don't want to do though is to de-value RC or to put out misleading information that implies to 'responsible adults' that their child's new interest in, say - a 'Raptor 60' - is just a toy. Especially with anything that flies over 250grams now requiring Operator ID, Flyer ID and a Successful >80% result on a test with the CAA.

Now little Jonny is missing 3 fingers, being sued by the neighbours and in trouble with the law! 🤣 Not to worry - he has a massive, smug smile on his face!

Additionally, I wouldn't like kids going out emulating what they see on YouTube, jumping 9kg Trucks off skate park ramps into a road. Or through a roof! No matter how entertaining it is for me, personally.
There's no substitute for parental guidance. Internet life has added a new challenge to being a parent, whose children inevitably see dangerous "fun" on the internet daily, for which, I can sympathize. God help them. I feel blessed my kids have made it to adulthood!
Now awaiting grandchildren to spoil rotten..:D:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Hear! Hear!

I'm sure he's a fun guy to hang out with. He's over the top because that's what gets peoples attention..and that's how he's making a living..doing what he loves.. Quite a success story really.

I guess there's always the mute button..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

There's no substitute for parental guidance. Internet life has added a new challenge to being a parent, whose children inevitably see dangerous "fun" on the internet daily, for which, I can sympathize. God help them. I feel blessed my kids have made it to adulthood!
Now awaiting grandchildren to spoil rotten..:D:ROFLMAO:
You're absolutely right - it's a different ball game now raising kids.

Let's hope that parental guidance doesn’t get replaced by some form of social media clap trap. 🙄

Otherwise, any activities that get families actually doing something other than being glued to Facebook has got to be a good thing.

The interwebz of things got me into the Kronos XTR, specifically some amazing videos of it on YouTube. Obviously not the ones where it ended up in many pieces and folded in half! 🤣

Back