Kagama Kagama Suspension arms defective

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, neither Team Corally nor Euro RC want to know about this issue at all.
I have a quoted mail, from the time they sent me the new arm, where Stefan (from team Corally) said by looking at the pictures I sent seemed to be defective and proceeded to send me the new arms.
When I then complained about the new arms, he then stated, also quoted in a latter mail (what I said in the original post), “the cracks are only a surface irregularity and don’t affect the durability of the parts” and then brushed it off.

Then, since that, Euro RC have dismissed all responsibilities against me as consumer on all fronts and states that the refund would be of good will from their parts only.

I have a lot of mail conversations regarding this if anyone is interested.

What to do now, I don’t know, Euro RC is not interested in doing an RMA since Team Corally have stated that this issue is not a problem from the beginning. So, I’m rather locked and don’t really know what to do…

Do they necessarily know what the problem/cause is? Maybe Corally rely on suppliers for expertise?
Not if the factory in China doesn't tell them anything. And the public-facing people that respond to all the growing number of incoming emails likely know less about production engineering than half of us here. 😅

Well, neither Team Corally nor Euro RC want to know about this issue at all.
I have a quoted mail, from the time they sent me the new arm, where Stefan (from team Corally) said by looking at the pictures I sent seemed to be defective and proceeded to send me the new arms.
When I then complained about the new arms, he then stated, also quoted in a latter mail (what I said in the original post), “the cracks are only a surface irregularity and don’t affect the durability of the parts” and then brushed it off.

Then, since that, Euro RC have dismissed all responsibilities against me as consumer on all fronts and states that the refund would be of good will from their parts only.

I have a lot of mail conversations regarding this if anyone is interested.

What to do now, I don’t know, Euro RC is not interested in doing an RMA since Team Corally have stated that this issue is not a problem from the beginning. So, I’m rather locked and don’t really know what to do…
It doesn't matter really what Corally claim - all that means is that they're not going to replace the parts that Euro RC give to you.

If you are not satisfied with the parts Euro RC supply to you, you are protected under consumer law to have either a refund or a replacement. Euro RC are NOT doing this as good will - they are obliged to.

If you have a receipt, it's under 30 days old and the parts are not up to the standard reasonably expected - take it up with Euro RC. Threaten them with Trading Standards. 💪👍

Last edited:
Not if the factory in China doesn't tell them anything. And the public-facing people that respond to all the growing number of incoming emails likely know less about production engineering than half of us here. 😅

It doesn't matter really what Corally claim - all that means is that they're not going to replace the parts that Euro RC give to you.

If you are not satisfied with the parts Euro RC supply to you, you are protected under consumer law to have either a refund or a replacement. Euro RC are NOT doing this as good will - they are obliged to.

If you have a receipt, it's under 30 days old and the parts are not up to the standard reasonably expected - take it up with Euro RC. Threaten them with Trading Standards. 💪👍
I'm available for injection moulding consultancy work😁

And yes, or consumer rights should be respected. I've used the absolutely brilliant Section 75 with my credit card a few times and it's always resulted in a complete about-face from the retailer.

Well, I tried to push with the information regarding;
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citize...g-consumer-rights/index_en.htm#faulty-goods-5
But since I have not yet used the new parts that Corally sent me I can’t proceed with the RMA stated by Euro RC...

What I find most interesting is that the fist time Corally saw the issue, they stated that it looked like prematurely breakage and possible manufacturing defects. And when I stared to complain about the exact same issue it is suddenly a surface irregularity which don’t affect durability.

Unfortunately, the purchase is now older than 30 days, and the car has been used, so I can’t just send it back even if I’d like to.
I want to do this right and make an RMA regarding this. And what I don’t understand is that I should always be eligible to do an RMA regardless of what the seller might think the problem is, provided I have proof of the defects, which in my mind I have.
They have tried to fix the issue by sending me new arms, but they obviously have the same defects as the original arms. So, in my mind it is pointless for me to drive around with them again like 10 min and see them break again to then start an RMA?

I have had classes in polymer materials and composites on advanced level at university and therefore have some contacts to professors who most definitely know what this issue might be, even if I think I know myself.

Should I mount the new arms, or what would be the next move you think?

Well, I tried to push with the information regarding;
https://europa.eu/youreurope/citize...g-consumer-rights/index_en.htm#faulty-goods-5
But since I have not yet used the new parts that Corally sent me I can’t proceed with the RMA stated by Euro RC...

What I find most interesting is that the fist time Corally saw the issue, they stated that it looked like prematurely breakage and possible manufacturing defects. And when I stared to complain about the exact same issue it is suddenly a surface irregularity which don’t affect durability.

Unfortunately, the purchase is now older than 30 days, and the car has been used, so I can’t just send it back even if I’d like to.
I want to do this right and make an RMA regarding this. And what I don’t understand is that I should always be eligible to do an RMA regardless of what the seller might think the problem is, provided I have proof of the defects, which in my mind I have.
They have tried to fix the issue by sending me new arms, but they obviously have the same defects as the original arms. So, in my mind it is pointless for me to drive around with them again like 10 min and see them break again to then start an RMA?

I have had classes in polymer materials and composites on advanced level at university and therefore have some contacts to professors who most definitely know what this issue might be, even if I think I know myself.

Should I mount the new arms, or what would be the next move you think?
How old were the parts when you first raised with Euro RC that the parts were faulty? Did you complain in writing/email?

The RA number is usually something the retailer would seek from the manufacturer prior to getting you to send the alleged faulty goods back. This sounds more like a Euro RC problem than a you problem.

You have afforded the retailer the opportunity to 'make good' the item which is now over 30 days old, but the fault has still not been remedied.

As the consumer, you do not have to agree that the defects are purely 'cosmetic'. You are perfectly within your rights to state that, in your experience, the faults are in the parts are causing the whole rig to be 'unfit for purpose' or 'inoperable'. Failure to refund after failing to repair or replace the item with one that doesn't have broken A arms, within a reasonable timescale, is in contravention of your consumer rights.

In the UK, specifically, it would be in breach of the Sale of Goods Act 2015.

In the EU, see here:

EU Consumer Rights

You've got em' bang to rights! 👍💪

How old were the parts when you first raised with Euro RC that the parts were faulty? Did you complain in writing/email?

The RA number is usually something the retailer would seek from the manufacturer prior to getting you to send the alleged faulty goods back. This sounds more like a Euro RC problem than a you problem.

You have afforded the retailer the opportunity to 'make good' the item which is now over 30 days old, but the fault has still not been remedied.

As the consumer, you do not have to agree that the defects are purely 'cosmetic'. You are perfectly within your rights to state that, in your experience, the faults are in the parts are causing the whole rig to be 'unfit for purpose' or 'inoperable'. Failure to refund after failing to repair or replace the item with one that doesn't have broken A arms, within a reasonable timescale, is in contravention of your consumer rights.

In the EU, see here:

EU Consumer Rights

I sent a new mail stating basically what you said. Thank you by the way! Hope I get this resolved soon…

I decided to replace my arm on the car to be able to drive the darn thing. Naturally I inspected the new arm very carefully and found:

broken_arm_mid_1.jpg
broken_arm_mid_side_2.png

As you might be able to see, there is a crack that goes through the arm (the pictures ss on each side of the arm). Just to clarify, this is one of the arms I got from Corally as a replacement arm. It was a bit easier to spot the defects without the plastic bag covering the arm, go figure. Might take a closer look on the other arms as well.

Here is the arm that broke on my car (the original arm):
As you can se the large crack has started in the “surface irregularities” stated by Corally. Surly this is not just a surface irregularity.

20240526_195445.jpg

In the EU, see here:

EU Consumer Rights

The parts (and the whole car by saying that) were not older than 30 days no. I have e-mails conforming this. The first issue I had was the steering post (direct attached to the servo, plastic thingy) broke off and the usual center diff leaking. I think the arms was an issue I saw just after this.

You're very helpful. Much appreciated!

The parts (and the whole car by saying that) were not older than 30 days no. I have e-mails conforming this. The first issue I had was the steering post (direct attached to the servo, plastic thingy) broke off and the usual center diff leaking. I think the arms was an issue I saw just after this.

You're very helpful. Much appreciated!
You're most welcome - and good luck.

Bummer to hear. Hopefully Corally can solve this growing pain soon. This is also another reason why I usually don't go for brand new models; I usually wait a couple of years before purchasing so that issues like these can rear their head and get resolved.

Speaking of resolving, I believe I've read that the Kagama arms can fit on the Shogun/Muraco/Kronos. Why not order some V2 Shogun arms for the time being until these shenanigans are sorted out? Just an idea to help a TC fellow out. 😁 (y)

Back