Kagama Kagama roller parts ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cazrack

Reaction score
Anyone know if a Hobbywing combo Max6g2 4990 will fit easy?
Need a suggestion on a servo that will fit easy as well.

Transmitter and receiver I will probably pick up a dumbro rc with a gyro.

I believe that it will fit just fine, If I remember correctly, I believe that it’s basically the same form factor as what comes in the stock rtr version. I threw an Annimos 35 in my Kagama after the stock rtr servo died and I’ve had zero issues with the servo since then, although it’s on the cheaper side of the servo realm but I’m running just for fun, nothing serious. Plenty fast enough for me.

Best of luck!

Kuron 825 is a smaller motor

Motor Type: Brushless
Motor kV: 2050kv
Poles: 4 Pole
Motor Length: 74mm / 2.91"
Diameter: 41.7mm / 1.64"
Shaft Length: 18.5mm / 0.73"
Shaft Diameter: 5mm / 0.2"

Ohhh damn, I’m sorry, I looked up the wrong motor. I was thinking the 4990 was 45mm and I think that would fit but that 4990 is 49mm, that’s pretty tight vs the approx 41-42mm of the 825. The length will also potentially be problematic as it’s 70 vs 90 and there is only about 19-20mm of open space.

Sorry for any confusion.

It should work

component size here is the (same). maybe the 49 diameter can size is to big.

it may also be overkill for this rig so prehaps this combo is better?
Hobbywing HW38010405 Ezrun MAX8 G2 Combo with 4278SD 2250kV

Last edited:
It should work

component size here is the (same). maybe the 49 diameter can size is to big.

it may also be overkill for this rig so prehaps this combo is better?
Hobbywing HW38010405 Ezrun MAX8 G2 Combo with 4278SD 2250kV
I think the Max8 G2 system would be great in a Kagama. I have a Max8 G2 2250kv system in my 4s Maverick Quantum R Muscle Car. The Quantum R can only accommodate a 42mm diameter motor with a maximum length of 78m: the Max8 G2 fits perfectly where the original ESC was mounted, and the motor fits in with just three millimeters to spare at the rear of the motor. On 4s it's wicked, and on 6s it's a beast.

I think the biggest motor I fit on my Muraco was a 4585. And it was already sitting on top of the screw that held the motor side tray on. Longest motor I put in was a 4292; no issues there.

As for the esc, the biggest one I put in was a Max6. Had to trim the left rear corner of the tray for it to fit.

I concur with the motor sizes. I currently run a 4292 in my Kronos XTR - it fits without issue. If you go up to bigger diameter motors, you have to trim the tops of the side guard mount.

You can get motor mount riser plates.

But. Heavier motor, mounted up higher = higher CoG and personally, I don't think it's worth compromising the handling.

My dabbling with the 4292 1780KV motor has so far yielded acceptable performance with good torque and it runs cool.

However, even running a 18t pinion, it hasn't beaten my Kuron 825 top speed or 0-60mph time though.

I'm gonna have to agree. The Kuron 825 is a bit of a dark horse. You'd think it'd be so-so as it's an RTR motor, but it packs quite the punch.

Back