Shogun Kagama parts compatibility

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VaporTrail

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos
  2. Muraco
  3. Python
  4. Shogun
I haven't seen anything on this yet, unless my search-fu is weak. I'm liking how the kagama arms are looking, so I was wondering if they'd fit on other models; namely the Shogun. The asuga has some nice suspension arm holders, but I think I'm gonna order some Custom RC ones.

Anyone have both a Muraco/Shogun/Punisher and a Kagama? Anyone check if the arms are compatible? Thanks!

I can check between the Punisher and Kagama next time I see my bashing buddy (probably Friday).
Front lower and upper arms on the Kagama look a bit nicer than the Punisher arms, so would definitely be a nice looking update.

Thanks Jeff!

Knock on wood I haven't broken any arms yet. My biggest gripe with the arms is that the hingepin holes tend to get oblong a little quickly. And that's the V2. If the Kagama arms are more sturdy, I'd be willing to upgrade.

I don’t have a punisher for comparison but we’ve probably put 8-10 pretty fair 4S and 3 pretty hard 6S runs through the stock Kagama and so far we haven’t broken any. It was somewhat disassembled last week when I threw the beefcakes in and there were no signs. I have a set of hardened hinge pins. I figured why install them until I need to but now I’m a little curious myself. If I get a chance tomorrow or Saturday I’ll tear into it and let you know what I see.

By my reckoning and rough measurements, the Kagama arms, upper and lower, would fit into the Punisher (and Kronos etc).
I think I'll be buying a set of upper arms, as mine are ovalised at the hinge pins.

Oooh...how very interesting! Let me know how that works out for you. I just replaced the front upper and lower arms on the Shogun and was thinking about doing the rear. The rear doesn't have much wobble, but I kinda want to make the set fresh. And yep, that's my biggest gripe with the TC arms; they tend to oval out at the hingepins. Sturdy as all heck, though. I had a front end collision two weekends ago and the arm ripped the hingepin out the hingepin holder. No noticeable cracks in the arm. 😲

Also in need of replacement are the arms on the Python. I'm wondering if the Spark arms will be compatible. I may just order a set to find out. Thanks Jeff!

Would be nice to get some beefier front lower arms for the Sketer also. If TC will come with a 4s Spark, will those arms fit the Sketer?

The Python and the Radix are essentially the same thing, much like the Muraco and the Shogun. According to the Radix4 manual, it uses the same upper and lower front arms as the Python 6S. Incidentally, the Sketer uses the same arms as the Python, so it'd be a safe bet that the Sketer, Radix4, Radix6 and Python all share the same upper and lower front arms. If the Spark arms fit one of those models, then I'd take a guess that they would fit the others.

In the previous lineup, the only difference I knew of between the 4S and 6S models were the diff internals and maybe the center diff housing. Everything else appeared the same.

The Python and the Radix are essentially the same thing, much like the Muraco and the Shogun. According to the Radix4 manual, it uses the same upper and lower front arms as the Python 6S. Incidentally, the Sketer uses the same arms as the Python, so it'd be a safe bet that the Sketer, Radix4, Radix6 and Python all share the same upper and lower front arms. If the Spark arms fit one of those models, then I'd take a guess that they would fit the others.

In the previous lineup, the only difference I knew of between the 4S and 6S models were the diff internals and maybe the center diff housing. Everything else appeared the same.
Interesting 🤔 Let's wait and see when someone tries it out.

I think I'll be picking up some Spark arms to try on the Python. If it works out, I'm pretty sure they'll fit on the Sketer. Will post up my results when I find out.

I checked over the weekend, and Jennys is out of the Spark arms. :( Guess I'll wait until after Valentines day to order some.

May as well order a Kuron too. :D

By my reckoning and rough measurements, the Kagama arms, upper and lower, would fit into the Punisher (and Kronos etc).
I think I'll be buying a set of upper arms, as mine are ovalised at the hinge pins.
They fit! (Kagama arms on a Punisher)
And of course they're looking quite sexy with the red anodised rings on the pillow-ball ends. It's also sorted out the 'dynamic caster' (or just slop) caused by the old worn upper arms.
The red anodised rings/caps replace the original spacers/washers on the pillow balls so don't forget take the boring steel off to keep the geometry.

Last edited:
Best have a photo as well!
IMG_20240205_200056_475.jpg

Well now!! Wouldja lookit that! Thanks Jeff...that really helps out! Looks like I'll be getting several sets of the Kagama arms to put on the Shogun and the Kronos. Or maybe I'll just leave the V2 arms on the Shogun and beef up the Kronos with the Kagama arms.

Very nice indeed!

You know, you think I'd be more excited about my new-to-me ET48.3, but I'm slightly concerned that I'm more excited about the TC stuff. :oops: 😅

Back