Kagama got a new sweater

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CCB-MN

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kagama
  2. Kronos XTR
My daughters Kagama’s got a new sweater 🧥 to stay warm this winter, or at least that’s what she convinced her mother of because I didn’t buy it for her.

She calls it Krono-cognito mode I guess. (I don’t try to understand her logic, it hurts far too much).

Anyway, props to her for doing this 99% by herself. Hopefully we can get back outside next week.

Happy motoring! 👍

Don’t drive angry! 😠

IMG_2841.jpeg

IMG_2839.jpeg

IMG_2838.jpeg

IMG_2837.jpeg

My daughters Kagama’s got a new sweater 🧥 to stay warm this winter, or at least that’s what she convinced her mother of because I didn’t buy it for her.

She calls it Krono-cognito mode I guess. (I don’t try to understand her logic, it hurts far too much).

Anyway, props to her for doing this 99% by herself. Hopefully we can get back outside next week.

Happy motoring! 👍

Don’t drive angry! 😠

View attachment 5097

View attachment 5098

View attachment 5099

View attachment 5100
This looks cool as hell! 💪😎

Sweet paint job. If I get a Kagama, I was going to go with the Punisher body.

Thanks all,

I know that I'm probably in the minority but I actually kinda dig the Kagama bodies. I didn't at first but they kinda grew in me, especially the blue for some reason. Anyway, she loves the Kronos XTR a lot but she wanted a different pattern and that's what she came up with. (School colors). It's a lot brighter and much more vibrant outside. Most importantly, she likes it, that's what matters to me although I probably would have went in a different direction myself.

-CCB

Now that's not bad at all! I'm not a fan of the Kronos or Kagama bodies, they kinda seem a little chunky. I prefer the more race-oriented styles. Speaking of which, if anyone wants to run a Kraton Finnisher body on the Shogun, Muraco and Kronos, it's a perfect fit. Just be prepared for that bulging cab. It really seems big (at least to me) and the center tower brace is quite a bit away from the shell.

Kudos to the little lady for doing a great job! (y)

Lol, I just picked up a finisher body that I was going to throw on my SSTE but,………now you kinda got be thinking about putting it on the Kagama. Hmmmmmmmm. 🤔

IMG_3061.jpeg

Lol. Hey, why not? The first body I put on my Muraco was a Leadfinger Strife. That looked pretty sharp. Next one was the Finnisher. I like the Finnisher body; it looks like a proper bulldog and it's thick to boot. In fact, I'll probably be picking one up for my ET48, if that helps to influence your decision any. :D

I like the look. I’ve got an et48 2.0 ‘s on the way. (my nephew wants to try his hand at local club truggy racing). I love the performance but the look hasn’t grown on me yet so I’ll have to find something a bit more bullish that I can put on it. I might have to get creative but I’ve seen a few nice options. 🎭

Patriot.jpg

I hear ya. The new style truggy bodies definitely take some getting used to for me. Good news is that Leadfinger makes a Patriot body for the 2.0 that is like the older style; you don't have to run the bruggy ones.

. View attachment 5263

I hear ya. The new style truggy bodies definitely take some getting used to for me. Good news is that Leadfinger makes a Patriot body for the 2.0 that is like the older style; you don't have to run the bruggy ones.
I 100% agree that the truck bodies progressively worse and worse until eventually Tekno came up with - arguably - the ugliest 'tug' body.

The sweet spot for me was the Ty Tessman designed Proline body.

IMG_20211126_085645.jpg

But, you know - racers being racers decided to push the limits of what a legal body was in Truggy, so what we've ended up with is .......bigger buggy bodies. 🙄

Lead Finger (LFR) make the nicest ones IMO. I like the look of them.

The Sworkz 'Speed Rhino' looks like a bit like a shoe box in comparison. But at least they include one, unlike some brands.

1000015796.jpg

The issue here is that the magic 'golden ratio' when it comes to design and proportionality are not being met, so moving the cab further and further forward makes truck bodies look.....more like a cartoon or a whacky racer.

For racing, there is a clear advantage with the Bruggy bodies, so for affiliated racing, as long as they're legal......we reap what we sow.

Thankfully the basher market will keep us with a large assortment of Truck bodies for a good while to come. 🤩

lol. I agree! I’m much more a function over form guy. However, if you can find a way to have them both, then good on you. Usually the bodies are the last part of the equation for me. Not that I don’t appreciate a nice body, 🙀🙀🙀, it’s just usually not my starting point. This weekend I’ll spend some time looking at different options and I’ll see what I come up with.

🤣🤣🤣🤣………… maybe I’ll even look at some rc bodies as well.

........Here's my Kronos XTR Ukrainian Dancer body (you wouldn't believe where I put my aerial!).....I mean Ford F150 body (sorry Freudian slip!).........

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Ps. Please don't ban me for having an awful, politically incorrect or otherwise inappropriate sense of humour because - that's pretty much everyone here! 😜

Thanks all,

I know that I'm probably in the minority but I actually kinda dig the Kagama bodies. I didn't at first but they kinda grew in me, especially the blue for some reason. Anyway, she loves the Kronos XTR a lot but she wanted a different pattern and that's what she came up with. (School colors). It's a lot brighter and much more vibrant outside. Most importantly, she likes it, that's what matters to me although I probably would have went in a different direction myself.

-CCB
Me too. I think the Kagama is the second best looking body thus far from TC. The Punisher being my fav of theirs. The Asuga looks good as well, but hard to screw up a buggy body, LOL. I don't mind the Kronos body either, save the blue/red paint scheme. The XTR was decent.
While I do love the look of the truggy race bodies(most), the lack of bracing will keep me away. Combined with my lack of enthusiasm for painting, I'd just assume buy an rtr takeoff and commence destruction.. it's gonna happen, I see no reason to put much effort into aesthetics, also why I go a month or more without a haircut, but that's a different conversation..🤣🍻

. View attachment 5263

I love that look! Give it some bracing from underneath and it would be perfect, well almost. While I do love the incognito/minimalist color scheme, it doesn't work out well in during use in my experience. My aging eyes need bright vivid colors, LOL. The white wing is a nice touch, might be enough for my eyes to catch. 👴😜

Last edited:
The title of this thread now has me singing the Weezer song Undone..😜 Which I love,so 👌
It's a great song, by an awesome band. The 90's were awesome. 😎✌️

Just to add - I used to play a cover of Hash Pipe in one of the many cover bands I used to gig with. Gotta love Weezer.

Remember Gran Turismo? 😎✌️

Last edited:

Just to add - I used to play a cover of Hash Pipe in one of the many cover bands I used to gig with. Gotta love Weezer.

Yep, I got my hash pipe!!! Not really, haven't partaken in a long while, LOL. But a kickass tune for sure!!
Gran Turismo? No, is that a song, band or video game? LOL. I admit, I've spent an hour or two playing that game over the years!!🤣🤣
So after watching the video for Undone on YT, I had to listen to Kitty by POTUSA.👍
Yes, the nineties was an awesome decade for music.

Wow, I actually saw Weezer at First Avenue back in 2004 or 2005. At one time Minneapolis had a thriving and great music scene but that has unfortunately really seemed to fade in recent years. A good friend worked at First Ave. so we were fortunate enough to see a lot of great bands over the years. Weezer was good but my favorite nights were when Prince would show up, (quite often actually). Live, he was something else and man, he could play a guitar!🎸 His Paisley Park Studio is about 10 minutes from where I live although I think it’s mostly a museum now days.
Anyway, I do miss the 90’s and I definitely remember Gran Turismo! 👍👍👍

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• IMG_3067.jpeg
    IMG_3067.jpeg
    317.2 KB · Views: 20
Wow, I actually saw Weezer at First Avenue back in 2004 or 2005. At one time Minneapolis had a thriving and great music scene but that has unfortunately really seemed to fade in recent years. A good friend worked at First Ave. so we were fortunate enough to see a lot of great bands over the years. Weezer was good but my favorite nights were when Prince would show up, (quite often actually). Live, he was something else and man, he could play a guitar!🎸 His Paisley Park Studio is about 10 minutes from where I live although I think it’s mostly a museum now days.
Anyway, I do miss the 90’s and I definitely remember Gran Turismo! 👍👍👍

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Heck yeah! I admit I wasn't a Prince fan, but no denying the talent he possessed!! Shame he left us too early.

So true. I never met him or knew him but most of the club workers were on a first name basis with him. They all told me many time that once he was comfortable with you, you were best friend, he was just overly cautious around strangers. Rightly so, he was all of about 5’ 4” tall. Even with the elevator shoes, I don’t think he cracked 5’ 8”. He also hated the record companies with a passion.

Which I found amusing!

I 100% agree that the truck bodies progressively worse and worse until eventually Tekno came up with - arguably - the ugliest 'tug' body.

The sweet spot for me was the Ty Tessman designed Proline body.

View attachment 5264
But, you know - racers being racers decided to push the limits of what a legal body was in Truggy, so what we've ended up with is .......bigger buggy bodies. 🙄

Lead Finger (LFR) make the nicest ones IMO. I like the look of them.

The Sworkz 'Speed Rhino' looks like a bit like a shoe box in comparison. But at least they include one, unlike some brands.

View attachment 5265

The issue here is that the magic 'golden ratio' when it comes to design and proportionality are not being met, so moving the cab further and further forward makes truck bodies look.....more like a cartoon or a whacky racer.

For racing, there is a clear advantage with the Bruggy bodies, so for affiliated racing, as long as they're legal......we reap what we sow.

Thankfully the basher market will keep us with a large assortment of Truck bodies for a good while to come. 🤩

You are 100% right. I had a JConcepts body on my converted Jammin back in the day, and I thought that it looked pretty slick. When I got back into the hobby several years back, the cab-forward design was already evolved and almost reminded me of a Jetsons mobile. Then came Tekno's ground-breaking body design. I'll give credit where it's due; the body has a pretty big performance advantage over it's predecessors. The 2.0 that I race against is an absolute missile in the air and is on rails on the ground. Like you said...a bigger buggy body. :ROFLMAO: I'm not quite ready to make that transition, so until we do some serious racing (which we'll probably never get around to), you won't find a bruggy body on my rigs. Although I will say I was tempted to put one on the Shogun for kicks and giggles. The LFR that I first put on it was nice and the Kraton Finnisher body that's on it now isn't too bad either. That Speed Rhino looks a little dated, but I'd take that any day over the current "bruggy" selection.

The bruggy bodies look like they ran face-first into the ugly wall and then were dropped on their head from the ugly tree. :confused:

Me too. I think the Kagama is the second best looking body thus far from TC. The Punisher being my fav of theirs. The Asuga looks good as well, but hard to screw up a buggy body, LOL. I don't mind the Kronos body either, save the blue/red paint scheme. The XTR was decent.
While I do love the look of the truggy race bodies(most), the lack of bracing will keep me away. Combined with my lack of enthusiasm for painting, I'd just assume buy an rtr takeoff and commence destruction.. it's gonna happen, I see no reason to put much effort into aesthetics, also why I go a month or more without a haircut, but that's a different conversation..🤣🍻

I love that look! Give it some bracing from underneath and it would be perfect, well almost. While I do love the incognito/minimalist color scheme, it doesn't work out well in during use in my experience. My aging eyes need bright vivid colors, LOL. The white wing is a nice touch, might be enough for my eyes to catch. 👴😜

It does look snazzy. And I agree on the color schemes. I did go full black with a white race stripe on my 4Tec, but it just didn't seem to "pop" like I wanted it to. It's kind of interesting; in my normal clothing selection, I'm all about dark colors. For RC, my cars are usually white with a bright orange design or racing stripe. Guess I'm a little off-kilter. :LOL:

Current Weezer selection is Perfect Situation and the pork and beans. Still have a bunch of 90s and even 80s stuff in the playlist. :D

And the last Gran Turismo I played was the first one. I was more of a Forza guy. 😬

Last edited:
Back