Python JvG's Python 6S 2021 first impressions, top speed and breakage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JvG

AliExpress Diamond Member 💎
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Python
So got some time last night with the Python and these are my first impressions.

The overall build and attention to detail is great. You can see this car has been designed bij people who understand rc's:

- The layout is clean and simple
- Only a few screws in plastic, locknuts everywhere!
- The battery tray has open slots so no sand and rocks underneath the lipo
- Good size lipo tray
- Drivetrain feels very solid
- Wide chassis with a lot op space to work on
- Steel pivotballs in shocks, swaybars and all links, no plastics
- Motormount with large socket head screws
- Good servo (standard 25t) with alu arm and dog bone link
- Shimmed and properly oil filled diffs

Things that could improve (my personal opinion off course)

- The wiring on the esc is a joke, too much too long and the cap pack is placed quite far away from the esc
- The transmitter is quite small and feels very cheap
- No serrated lock nuts
- No locked pivot ball screws
- Plastic lower shock caps
- A lot of flex in the chassis. The steering plate doesn't look and feel very strong.
- Plastic steering and camber links, looks very cheap
- The wheels are very flexible
- The front lid of the body looks ridiculous and makes it hard to install the body
- The plastics of the arms do not feel premium, a little like Tamiya's. But if the hold up it's fine!
- Plastic leftovers everywhere

Things that wondered me:

- Why the cap pack on the esc?
- Why brown and blue grease in the diff gearboxes? Blue was finished?
- A lot of grease on spur and pinion?
- Found some nitro fuel tube in the front cup of the center diff

Pics:

IMG_2891.JPG

IMG_2892.JPG

IMG_2893.JPG

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2899.JPG

IMG_2901.JPG

IMG_2904.JPG

IMG_2910.JPG

IMG_2911.JPG

IMG_2912.JPG

IMG_2913.JPG

IMG_2916.JPG

IMG_2918.JPG

More pics

IMG_2919.JPG

IMG_2923.JPG

IMG_2924.JPG

IMG_2925.JPG

IMG_2927.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

IMG_2930.JPG

IMG_2935.JPG

IMG_2937.JPG

IMG_2938.JPG

IMG_2941.JPG

Last edited:
Good informative post mate.
One day I will get a 6s buggy.
Still a bit torn between the arrma typhon and corally radix. I think the radix would win though as it’s a lot cheaper but still looks quite well built.
For anyone looking for one in the uk. Kingslyn model shop are doing a 6s radix for £339.
That’s a good price for a good buggy imho.

https://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.u...uS1HQwj3qHkwmWDcG_YS7BJNwXf9I4AhoCs_QQAvD_BwE

Good informative post mate.
One day I will get a 6s buggy.
Still a bit torn between the arrma typhon and corally radix. I think the radix would win though as it’s a lot cheaper but still looks quite well built.
For anyone looking for one in the uk. Kingslyn model shop are doing a 6s radix for £339.
That’s a good price for a good buggy imho.

https://www.kingslynnmodelshop.co.u...uS1HQwj3qHkwmWDcG_YS7BJNwXf9I4AhoCs_QQAvD_BwE
Agreed, that’s a good price indeed. But at full price compared to the Typhon i’d have my doubts.

@JvG .. that’s a really good honest write up👍🏼, I’ve had mine (Radix) a week and a half but it’s still in the box (been busy with work😩) I will try to do the same sort of breakdown with mine hopefully this weekend..!!
Personal note, I think the Radix body looks so much nicer looking than the Python.🤔

Look forward to see what you do with yours …

@JvG .. that’s a really good honest write up👍🏼, I’ve had mine (Radix) a week and a half but it’s still in the box (been busy with work😩) I will try to do the same sort of breakdown with mine hopefully this weekend..!!
Personal note, I think the Radix body looks so much nicer looking than the Python.🤔

Look forward to see what you do with yours …
Thanks man and that Radix body is certainly better looking (it didn’t have 30% discount 😉) but it’s still quite bulky. So i’m figuring out a paint sceme to camouflage that a bit.

Last edited:
I bought a second body as I don't like all that red 😉 hopefully it should be finished later this weekend....🤔
Haha know that feeling, deanodised all the red alu on my Typhon. It’s gonna be black on the sides from low to high and the top orange/blue/yellow/green something

The center diff is really nice quality, just filled ‘r up with a 100k diff oil
Oh and in the rear cup of the centerdiff is a small piece of fuel tube 👍

I've just noticed my center diff spur gear is all wonky on the cup 🤪 I might have to do what you are doing and tear it all apart before I run it..!! 😩
Bummer! Seeing such a fault makes me lose confindence in the Chinese builder and strip the whole car...but it's a very easy to work on platform (y)

I'm like you, in the sense of I don't mind having to strip it and start again 😉🤣 (only issue is, I wanted to use it this weekend but I don't have time to fix it before then 😩)
That’s too bad man, but you’ll enjoy it even more when it’s properly fixed!
I hope i’m done next weekend 🤞 if i don’t break something again 😬

Good write up. I have had my Radix 6 for about six months, and love it! Its damn fast and fun, and seems pretty damn durable. I think its the only RC that hasn't broken me now that I think of it...

Good write up. I have had my Radix 6 for about six months, and love it! Its damn fast and fun, and seems pretty damn durable. I think its the only RC that hasn't broken me now that I think of it...
Six months and no breakage? That's very good, you must be an excellent driver :) i already broke the diff without drivng it :ROFLMAO:

The center diff is really nice quality, just filled ‘r up with a 100k diff oil
Oh and in the rear cup of the centerdiff is a small piece of fuel tube 👍
Is the fuel tube in the front or rear or both center diff cups? I've only found one so I am wanting to put it where it should be.

Hurricane

Back