Jim's Radix 6

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Muraco
  3. Radix
I've only had my Radix six for about four days now, but already I've started to modify it. Most of the mods will be made to strengthen the chassis. I've installed the Team Corally Tuning 7075 chassis braces, and I have all four TC 7075 hinge pin mounts on order. I also have a set of Duratrax Six Pack wheels and tires on order.

I'm not a hard basher, but I'm considering putting the TC 7075 shock towers in my Radix - they look so much better than the stock ones. I would appreciate any feedback on them.

I am doing the same, lot of parts already changed, not only because I've damaged something but also to not damage it. Last week I worked on the drive cups, changed all the 10 cups for the spring steel ones because a lott of wear on the stock ones. Put the 7075 front shocktower but also the steering deck xtr and upper arm holder xtr . The chassis braces front and rear already been changed.

I am doing the same, lot of parts already changed, not only because I've damaged something but also to not damage it. Last week I worked on the drive cups, changed all the 10 cups for the spring steel ones because a lott of wear on the stock ones. Put the 7075 front shocktower but also the steering deck xtr and upper arm holder xtr . The chassis braces front and rear already been changed.
Thanks so much for the info. This is my first Corally vehicle: I'm more used to my Arrma Kraton, which I have heavily modified.

My Radix is one of fifteen RC vehicles I own, and it will take me some time to wear the factory drive cups out.

Are you referring to the carbon fiber steering deck? There was mention of an aluminum deck in the description of the upper arm holder for the XTR, but I have been unable to find one.

Thanks again.

Thanks so much for the info. This is my first Corally vehicle: I'm more used to my Arrma Kraton, which I have heavily modified.

My Radix is one of fifteen RC vehicles I own, and it will take me some time to wear the factory drive cups out.

Are you referring to the carbon fiber steering deck? There was mention of an aluminum deck in the description of the upper arm holder for the XTR, but I have been unable to find one.

Thanks again.
No, I have the aluminum steering deck

IMG_20220330_190645.jpg

These are the parts I ordered for the steering deck. The only thing is you need some nuts for the hinge pins.

View attachment 2151
Just to confirm the stock Radix has 4mm front tower..!! the upgraded ( non 7075 version C-00180-811 ) 5mm tower doesn't use bushing it's just hinge pin bolt..!!

I did the 5mm front tower upgrade, I was going to go 7075, but with a buggy if you crash it upside down you tend to damage the towers and I would rather replace the slightly cheaper stock towers than damage those pretty 7075 versions 😉
Go have a look at my build thread you might get some ideas, tips and/or help 👍🏼 #8

Just to confirm the stock Radix has 4mm front tower..!! the upgraded ( non 7075 version C-00180-811 ) 5mm tower doesn't use bushing it's just hinge pin bolt..!!

I did the 5mm front tower upgrade, I was going to go 7075, but with a buggy if you crash it upside down you tend to damage the towers and I would rather replace the slightly cheaper stock towers than damage those pretty 7075 versions 😉
Go have a look at my build thread you might get some ideas, tips and/or help 👍🏼 #8
I also did the shocktower upgrade to 5mm, never thought of the stock one is 4mm.

I ordered the 7075 shock towers and the large battery tray, and they should arrive this week. I'm also considering buying the 7075 Ackerman plate. For the way I drive my RC vehicles, I won't be needing any more upgrades, but there are some upgrades that are nice to have (i.e. aluminum steering deck). and I might get them.

These are the parts I ordered for the steering deck. The only thing is you need some nuts for the hinge pins.

View attachment 2151
I found out through research that there is another way I can go with the aluminum steering deck. If I don't want to go with the full basher setup, according to the Corally web site, I can use the following parts to install an aluminum deck in the Pro Racing configuration:

C-00180-152 PRO front upper suspension arm mount
C-00180-673 Aluminum steering deck for XTR
C-00180-739 Steering deck holder with body post
C-00180-048 0 degree closed end bushing set

I do not need new hinge pins or locking nuts with this setup. The total for this setup, including shipping is $52.15 USD.

I found out through research that there is another way I can go with the aluminum steering deck. If I don't want to go with the full basher setup, according to the Corally web site, I can use the following parts to install an aluminum deck in the Pro Racing configuration:

C-00180-152 PRO front upper suspension arm mount
C-00180-673 Aluminum steering deck for XTR
C-00180-739 Steering deck holder with body post
C-00180-048 0 degree closed end bushing set

I do not need new hinge pins or locking nuts with this setup. The total for this setup, including shipping is $52.15 USD.
my mistake, i thought you would go with the 5mm shocktower, then you need the other hinge pins and bushing set.

my mistake, i thought you would go with the 5mm shocktower, then you need the other hinge pins and bushing set.
Per Corally, this works with either the stock 4mm shock tower or the Team Corally Tuning 7075 5mm front shock tower, which I have ordered. The pic with the diagram on this page shows what works with this part.

https://www.corally.com/New-Product...Arm-Mount-PRO-Front-Upper-Aluminum-7075-1-pc/

I went ahead and ordered the parts required to convert the steering deck to aluminum.

Last edited:
The TC Tuning 7075 shock towers came today and I installed them. Yesterday I installed the 7075 hinge pin mounts. Aluminum steering deck parts and large battery tray are scheduled to arrive Saturday. My Radix is getting to be how I want it quickly.

The TC 7075 Ackerman plate came in the mail today, and I got it installed. These are the mods that my Radix6 has in it now:

TC 7075 T6 Tuning V2 front chassis brace (C-00180-387-2)
TC 7075 V2 rear chassis brace (C-00180-396-2)
TC 7075 suspension arm mounts (plate style) (C-00180-680, 681,682,683)
TC 7075 5mm front shock tower (C-00180-424)
TC 7075 5mm rear shock tower (C-00180-423)
TC 7075 XTR steering deck (C-00180-673)
TC 7075 PRO front upper suspension arm mount (C-00180-152)
TC composite 0 degree closed end suspension bushings (C-00180-048)
TC 7075 Ackerman plate (C-00180-704)
TC composite V2 large battery tray (C-00180-615)
Duratrax C2 Six Pack tires on white disc wheels (DTXC3603)
Hot Racing closed end wheel nuts
Powerhobby 40mm Tornado fan on Powerhobby fan mount

Last edited:
The front and rear Kronos XTR skid plates/bumpers arrived today and I installed them. I just need the suspension arm shims to finish everything off, and they are due to arrive tomorrow.

Pic of the aluminum steering deck installation. The new body mount assembly attaches to both the steering deck and the front shock tower, which adds more stability to the shock tower.

Radix aluminum steering deck.jpg

Last edited:
Back