Jim's Muraco XP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

morrjr71

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Asuga
  2. Muraco
  3. Radix
I have just started upgrading my new Muraco. It won't be getting a full upgrade: it will be just a few items to make the Muraco more durable and drivable. It's a work in progress.

1) I changed the weight of the diff fluid in both front and rear diffs.

2) I'm waiting for the proper weight of diff fluid to service the center diff.

2) I have a NHX 40mm aluminum-framed cooling fan, NHX carbon fiber fan guard, and NHX fan mount arriving today to cool the motor.

3) The front and rear TC 7075 shock towers should be here by Saturday, and the front and rear TC 7075 chassis braces should be here early next week.

4) I don't do big jumps, so I won't be installing the extreme chassis brace.

That's all I have planned for now. But as we all know, a RC vehicle is never really done. ;)

I have just started upgrading my new Muraco. It won't be getting a full upgrade: it will be just a few items to make the Muraco more durable and drivable. It's a work in progress.

2) I have a NHX 40mm aluminum-framed cooling fan, NHX carbon fiber fan guard, and NHX fan mount arriving today to cool the motor.

3) The front and rear TC 7075 shock towers should be here by Saturday, and the front and rear TC 7075 chassis braces should be here early next week.

That's all I have planned for now. But as we all know, a RC vehicle is never really done. ;)
Nice, keep us posted.

Congrats! Can't wait to see it. Truggies rule IMO, nothing else is even close to the versatility of a truggy. Enjoy!

Today I installed the TC 7075 5mm front shock tower, the TC 7075 5mm rear shock tower, and the rear CVD driveshafts into my Muraco.

Next up is the NHX high-speed fan, fan guard, and fan mount for the motor that arrived this afternoon, a day later than they were scheduled to arrive. I will be installing them tomorrow morning.

The TC 7075 front and rear chassis braces are due to arrive next week. I will get pics of the upgrades when everything is installed.

We need pics..!! I want to see it 😎👍🏼

TC 7075 front and rear shock towers.

Muraco front shock tower.jpg

Muraco rear shock tower, rear view.jpg

Muraco rear shock tower, front view.jpg

The fan installation is on hold due to me receiving a crappy fan mount made by NHX. The aluminum NHX uses in the mount is super soft: the first time I put the adjusting screw in the mount the mount stripped, and I wasn't even cranking down on it. That's what I get for going with a different brand of fan mount other than Powerhobby, which I use on my other vehicles. A new fan mount has been ordered.

Last edited:
That sucks, but I know what you're saying, I bought an nhx once and wasn't impressed, like you I stripped holes and on top of that the fans didn't seem to produce nearly their claims, I've got a yeah racing one rated the same and they sound like the turn double the rpm. Definitely curious on your final thoughts on the muraco once you're done, I've been eyeing one for months, just haven't talked myself into it yet.

That sucks, but I know what you're saying, I bought an nhx once and wasn't impressed, like you I stripped holes and on top of that the fans didn't seem to produce nearly their claims, I've got a yeah racing one rated the same and they sound like the turn double the rpm. Definitely curious on your final thoughts on the muraco once you're done, I've been eyeing one for months, just haven't talked myself into it yet.
I didn't even get the NHX fan plugged in to test it. I had the receiver box open to plug it in, but I wanted to mount the fan before I turned it on. When the NHX fan mount failed, I gave up on the fan installation. I have two Powerhobby 16,000 RPM fans I can compare the NHX fan to when I get it installed.

Between the weather and doctor appointments for both me and my wife this past week, I haven't been able to run the Muraco enough to give my initial opinion. This much I can say: the LWB Muraco has a larger turning radius than my SWB Radix6. I'll post more of my thoughts on the Muraco when the fan and TC 7075 chassis braces have been installed and I am able to run it more.

Sometimes things just fall into place: I wasn't really planning on buying a Muraco now, but I got an unexpected $400 bonus from work. That bonus, along with the RC Hobby Explosion deal on the Muraco, allowed me to pay for all but $4.22 of the cost of the Muraco.

I've seen them, but the second one requires drilling holes in the chassis, and the first one covers too much of the motor to be effective at cooling.

The front and rear TC 7075 chassis braces came in unexpectedly this afternoon, and I installed them. The rear brace isn't easy to install: a lot of parts have to be removed to get it in place - things like the original chassis brace; one rear side brace (to get the metal cross brace out); and the gearbox brace (to get the rear of the OEM center brace out and the new brace in). The front brace can hardly be seen in the Muraco once it is installed, but here's a quick pic of the rear brace.

Muraco rear chassis brace.jpg

Last edited:
I installed TRB RC ceramic bearings on the steering blocks and rear axle carriers, and I finished the fan installation. I think I'm done, at least for a while. ;)

Muraco fan.jpg

Last edited:
Here are the mods I've made to my Muraco so far:

Radiolink R6F receiver
TC 7075 5mm front shock tower
TC 7075 5mm rear shock tower
TC 7075 front chassis brace
TC 7075 rear chassis brace
TRB RC ceramic wheel bearings
NHX high-speed fan
NHX carbon fiber fan guard
Powerhobby clamp-on fan mount
20W front diff fluid
100W center diff fluid
10W rear diff fluid

I have the Xtreme Chassis Brace on order.

That is a fine machine you've built. I bet it is awesome. I hope to get another Team Corally one day, it'll likely be the Muraco too. nice work Sir! (y)

The heavy shock springs I forgot I ordered for my Muraco came today, and I installed them. I haven't had a chance to test drive it yet as I was busy working on a motor and ESC swap between two RC vehicles and driving another one.

I installed dboot Katar T belted tires on my Muraco. These provide a better grip on dirt, grass, and pavement than the stock tires, and they don't balloon.

Update: The other day I installed the CNC 7075 aluminum hinge pin mounts I bought from Erik van Ravenstein several months ago. The mounts are beautifully machined ad they fit perfectly. Here's a pic of the rear/rear mount installed.

Muraco 7075 hinge pin mounts.jpg

Update: The other day I installed the CNC 7075 aluminum hinge pin mounts I bought from Erik van Ravenstein several months ago. The mounts are beautifully machined ad they fit perfectly. Here's a pic of the rear/rear mount installed.

View attachment 4560
Yeah he has got some nice stuff. I am a big fan of Erik his craftsmanship.

Back