Kronos XTR Its here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caleb90

Reaction score
Its here, didnt get a picture of it fresh out if the box. But here is its current state, topped off all the shocks. Went through the diffs and topped them off, running 60k 100k 20k. See how that does, the center and rear diff had hardly any thing in them the front was good. Put a 35kg servo in it, my dumbo radio and reciever came it. Just wating on the motor and need a esc
IMG_20220521_033753389.jpg

Its here, didnt get a picture of it fresh out if the box. But here is its current state, topped off all the shocks. Went through the diffs and topped them off, running 60k 100k 20k. See how that does, the center and rear diff had hardly any thing in them the front was good. Put a 35kg servo in it, my dumbo radio and reciever came it. Just wating on the motor and need a escView attachment 2397
Nice one! Mine should arrive Monday!
Good to know about the diffs, I'll make sure to go over them and top up if necessary.

All together and ready to rip. All said and done i have about $620 into it. I bought it because i thought it would be cheaper vs buying a rtr. Hopfully it is worth it as i could have gotten a regular kronos for $540 otd and a kraton v5 590 otd.

IMG_20220522_134955393.jpg

All together and ready to rip. All said and done i have about $620 into it. I bought it because i thought it would be cheaper vs buying a rtr. Hopfully it is worth it as i could have gotten a regular kronos for $540 otd and a kraton v5 590 otd.

View attachment 2401
Looks great! You gotta remember, if you bought a regular Kronos and then buy all the upgrade parts that came with the roller to make it an XTR then you'll end up spending way more!

So this servo i bought is getting returned. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B097DWW6PY?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

Thing stopped returning to neutral posistion. I think it was wrong any ways, as i had to put longer screws and shims under it. It was to tall and didnt sit flush.. what servo do i need?
Well it largely depends on how much you're willing to spend really. But the main thing to know is that it's a standard size servo, but you have to be careful how tall it is. Measure how deep it is where the servo goes on the XTR minus a couple of mm, then make sure the servo you but is not taller than that. Oh, and I wouldn't go with anything less than 20 or 25kg of torque.

Well it largely depends on how much you're willing to spend really. But the main thing to know is that it's a standard size servo, but you have to be careful how tall it is. Measure how deep it is where the servo goes on the XTR minus a couple of mm, then make sure the servo you but is not taller than that. Oh, and I wouldn't go with anything less than 20 or 25kg of torque.
I got a 9mod servo from ebay. But it shipped from China. A 45 kg servo all alluminum for 37$ was a great deal. So far I've beat the Kronos up bad. Servo works great.

Back