Interchangeable parts?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decline225

Reaction score
Does anyone here happen to know if TC drive cups are interchangeable with arrma, or can anyone help provide me with these TC DRIVE CUPS? I know there’re quite a few parts between arrma and team corally that're interchangeable and I’ve got a Outdrive cup problem in the rear where the axles are making contact with them right before full bump, at full bump the drive cups have already been pushed upward. The arrma drive cups to me look like they’re set up for failure the opening isn’t nearly big enough for a full axle cycle and after the axle has beaten up the drive cup for awhile then I’m having rear differential failures. Thanks, any information I appreciate

IMG_1496.png

IMG_1497.jpeg

IMG_1501.jpeg

IMG_1500.jpeg

You're having problems with the Arrma cups breaking? Just at the rear? Mojave? Are the spacers installed in the diff outdrives? There are supposed to be rubber spacers installed into the outdrive cups, they do fall out and get lost.
They are there to prevent the dogbones from binding with the the outdrives by keeping the dogbones from sliding too far into the outdrive.
https://www.arrma-rc.com/en/product/diff-outdrive-insert/ARA311028.html

Screenshot_20230725-161249_Hancom Office S Viewer.jpg

Screenshot_20230725-161347_Samsung Internet.jpg

Alternatively, M2C makes outdrives for Arrma 6s. Pricey, but likely the strongest you'll find. I've never had issues with Arrma's outdrives..until the rubber spacers fell out and I didn't know about them..ARA311028.

It's high time these designs incorporate driveshaft 'blades' or 'pin-cushions'.

Some lengths of silicon fuel tubing can help prevent unwanted play with dog bones, with a little trial and error. But it still doesn't help with pin wear or notches forming on the out drives.

They should be scaled-up, hardened, delrin suitable for 1/8th size driveshafts.

Screenshot_20230725_215748.jpg

It's high time these designs incorporate driveshaft 'blades' or 'pin-cushions'.

Some lengths of silicon fuel tubing can help prevent unwanted play with dog bones, with a little trial and error. But it still doesn't help with pin wear or notches forming on the out drives.

They should be scaled-up, hardened, delrin suitable for 1/8th size driveshafts.

View attachment 4305
Niice! Is someone actually selling those?
I can see them helping minimize wear and noise.
Like I said, the Arrma cups have been pretty good for me, my Mojave is 2 years old and just now getting gouged out enough to warrant replacement. Not bad IMO.
I actually stuck plastic spacers into my rear outdrives once I realized the rubber bits from Arrma were missing. Been great but I have to remember they're there when working on it so I don't loose them..😉👍

Back when my 21 Kronos XTR was chewing up the drive cups (black XP version) I actually contemplated putting Arrma cups into it.. I never went far enough to see how feasible it is. I got the TC Swiss cups from Corally under warranty, solved that.
I suppose it's possible to use the Corally cups in an Arrma, but I don't think they're needed. The OP needs to put a spacer into the diff outdrives, that's all. Whether you buy the Arrma parts or come up with your own. Up to you.

Last edited:
Niice! Is someone actually selling those?
I can see them helping minimize wear and noise.
Like I said, the Arrma cups have been pretty good for me, my Mojave is 2 years old and just now getting gouged out enough to warrant replacement. Not bad IMO.
I actually stuck plastic spacers into my rear outdrives once I realized the rubber bits from Arrma were missing. Been great but I have to remember they're there when working on it so I don't loose them..😉👍

Back when my 21 Kronos XTR was chewing up the drive cups (black XP version) I actually contemplated putting Arrma cups into it.. I never went far enough to see how feasible it is. I got the TC Swiss cups from Corally under warranty, solved that.
I suppose it's possible to use the Corally cups in an Arrma, but I don't think they're needed. The OP needs to put a spacer into the diff outdrives, that's all. Whether you buy the Arrma parts or come up with your own. Up to you.
I used Corally's 'blades' on my Yokomo MR4 SD SSG, after some modification to the out drives. They're more typically seen on 1/10th buggies - Schumacher in particular.

cvds.jpg
worndiffout.jpg
rschassisinst.jpg

No way! I’ve never heard of or seen those before, that’s definitely a fix for the issue I have thanks guys. I would’ve never known about those outdrive inserts

No way! I’ve never heard of or seen those before, that’s definitely a fix for the issue I have thanks guys. I would’ve never known about those outdrive inserts
Those insert work well. You need 2 make them shorter but that is easy. Just need 2 cut a piece of. Use them on my Sketer

On cars with too much dogbone 'float', I've always used thick silicon fuel tube trimmed to size.

I'd really like to see proper pin cushions being incorporated into driveshaft design. It really improves smoothness and reduces wear on the pins and out drives/axles.

Ideally, we need proper constant velocity joints (like the Uber design) that can handle 8S.

tumbnail_857e2cfa-b460-4235-8935-a720327b9fe0.jpg

Imagine how much better this would be on all our 4wd rigs, regardless of brand.

Need to work on costs - the above setup is £132 - just for 1 end. 😬

Back