How to Solder Correctly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniC

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
Woodie knows his stuff, GJ Woodster!!!

The only thing that has changed since this was written in 2010 is the amount of lead in solder. The amount of lead in solder is subject to regulation, and finding solder with a high amount of lead is difficult. RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) is the regulation in Europe that governs lead, and there are regulations in other areas of the world that cover lead as well. Lead-free solder is not as easy to use as leaded solder.

The only thing that has changed since this was written in 2010 is the amount of lead in solder. The amount of lead in solder is subject to regulation, and finding solder with a high amount of lead is difficult. RoHS (Restriction of Hazardous Substances) is the regulation in Europe that governs lead, and there are regulations in other areas of the world that cover lead as well. Lead-free solder is not as easy to use as leaded solder.
Yes that's absolutely true. I can only get lead-free here in Ireland, same on EU based online shops. But I was able to order 63/37 from AliExpress a few days ago... We'll see if it arrives! 😅

Yes that's absolutely true. I can only get lead-free here in Ireland, same on EU based online shops. But I was able to order 63/37 from AliExpress a few days ago... We'll see if it arrives! 😅
The Chinese don't particularly care about hazardous substances, so they don't care what they sell or who they sell it to. But that solder could get caught by Ireland customs and it could be confiscated, meaning you will be out for the cost of the solder.

It did arrive! 🤣

PXL_20221011_200029360.jpg

Back