Hole in one (pinching tires) question:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ol1ver

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Dementor
Do you guys pinch your tires?
Since I seal the holes in the rim but prefer vented tires I pinch some holes (three per tire).

It looks like this:
tempImageMgK7P4.jpg

Do you guys pinch your tires?
Since I seal the holes in the rim but prefer vented tires I pinch some holes (three per tire).

It looks like this:
View attachment 2379
Yes, I have been doing the same recently. Holes in the wheels seems all wrong to me since that's where snow, mud and water collect then forced into the tire during use. If the tire and wheel are both sealed, pressure would likely break the bond between the tire and wheel, as well as making for a bouncy ride.

Yes, I'm the same. I don't understand why manufacturers keep venting the inside of the rim instead of the outside of the tire.

Yes, I have been doing the same recently. Holes in the wheels seems all wrong to me since that's where snow, mud and water collect then forced into the tire during use. If the tire and wheel are both sealed, pressure would likely break the bond between the tire and wheel, as well as making for a bouncy ride.
I've been testing this on the Dementor tires that I bought, I sealed the holes in the wheels but didn't put any holes in the tires. It doesn't really seem to affect the ride at all and the tires are staying on better than my factory dBoots Backflips did.

Yes, I'm the same. I don't understand why manufacturers keep venting the inside of the rim instead of the outside of the tire.
Arrma has stopped doing this. I bought a set of dBoots Backflip LP the wheels are sealed and the tires are vented, same goes for the dBoots Copperhead 2s on my Kraton EXB.

I've been testing this on the Dementor tires that I bought, I sealed the holes in the wheels but didn't put any holes in the tires. It doesn't really seem to affect the ride at all and the tires are staying on better than my factory dBoots Backflips did.

Arrma has stopped doing this. I bought a set of dBoots Backflip LP the wheels are sealed and the tires are vented, same goes for the dBoots Copperhead 2s on my Kraton EXB.
Glad to hear they are working well sealed. That would be my choice,to just keep them sealed so no evil gets in there😜
I had said to you in the past that I never had an issue with the dboots coming unglued, well, I just got done regluing 3 backflip LP's, 2 backflip MT's ,1 8s backflip and 2 exobyte buggy tires!!
I was wrong!! They're good tires IMO though.

Gosh! What an effort! o_O

I took this very (un-)sophisticated tool:
Lochzange-3171406252.jpg

lots of individual adjustments are available! ;)
And you won't need any band aids or paramedics...

Back