Asuga Hit an apple and she cartwheeled ……

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

razz007

Reaction score
For miles n miles and hit a tree and bent both towers ….. again , knackered a shock too , well it’s leaking badly now , so the handling will be different going left 😂😂
IMG_6454.jpeg

got some sketer wheels and tyres coming , reading good reports on there handling of 6s , so look forward to trying them on this and others

got some sketer wheels and tyres coming , reading good reports on there handling of 6s , so look forward to trying them on this and others
Sketer wheels handle well on 6s? Interesting. I thought the stock wheels were one of the knocks on the rig. Maybe they're not so bad after all?

I considered running Sketer wheels/tyres on my Asuga, even went so far as to buy a set. I sent them back because I realised that they have a much different offset to the wheels than the original Asuga wheels. They are much wider offset where as the original wheels are close to 0 offset.

Without getting too technical, this alters the scrub radius of the tyre contact patch on the ground and will change how the vehicle steers and handles in general, since the Asuga was designed for 0 or close to 0 offset wheels, this change would negatively affect it's handling, unlike the Sketer which has different hubs, arms etc and is designed for different wheels.

To get the Asuga to handle most similar to the original wheels/tyres, I would recommend FTX DR8 wheels/tyres, part number FTX9582.

It drives nicely with these and they look great too. I have also tried Arrma Mojave wheels/tyres which are great but gripped a little too much for my liking on grass surfaces. The DR8 tyres allow it to slide around more and be more playful in terms of handling balance.

DR8 wheels.jpg

Last edited:
I considered running Sketer wheels/tyres on my Asuga, even went so far as to buy a set. I sent them back because I realised that they have a much different offset to the wheels than the original Asuga wheels. They are much wider offset where as the original wheels are close to 0 offset.

Without getting too technical, this alters the scrub radius of the tyre contact patch on the ground and will change how the vehicle steers and handles in general, since the Asuga was designed for 0 or close to 0 offset wheels, this change would negatively affect it's handling, unlike the Sketer which has different hubs, arms etc and is designed for different wheels.

To get the Asuga to handle most similar to the original wheels/tyres, I would recommend FTX DR8 wheels/tyres, part number FTX9582.

It drives nicely with these and they look great too. I have also tried Arrma Mojave wheels/tyres which are great but gripped a little too much for my liking on grass surfaces. The DR8 tyres allow it to slide around more and be more playful in terms of handling balance.

View attachment 4603
Cheers Klappers , had a couple of runs with sketer tyres and they are awesome , might get some DR8 too 😎👍🏻👍🏻🍻

Back