Sketer Help with Breakage Please

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridgehead44

Reaction score
Hey all,

I knocked my dog bone out of the cup. I removed the camber link. What's the next step? I assume to remove part of the arm? Top or bottom easier?

Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!

IMG_20231123_171747759.jpg

Hey all,

I knocked my dog bone out of the cup. I removed the camber link. What's the next step? I assume to remove part of the arm? Top or bottom easier?

Thanks in advance and Happy Thanksgiving!

View attachment 4845

• Remove the wheel
  • Remove the upper arm hinge pin.
  • Check the dogbone isn't bent.
  • Straighten if it is.
  • Replace dogbone.
  • Reinstall upper hinge pin
  • Replace the wheel

Thank you! How do I remove that upper hinge pin? Do I need to start by taking off the front bumper? Sorry I'm inexperienced with TC and pretty much an RC noob to begin with.

Thank you! How do I remove that upper hinge pin? Do I need to start by taking off the front bumper? Sorry I'm inexperienced with TC and pretty much an RC noob to begin with.
1000013089.png

The upper arm pivot pins are held captive by the plastic pills in the shock tower, so you need to remove the 4 screws shown here.

Attachments

• C-00191 - SKETER XP 4S_EXPLODED VIEWS.pdf
    6.7 MB · Views: 60
When I was putting wider hubs on my Sketer, I removed the wheel, then the red pillow ball cap, then the pillow ball. The dog bone fell right out. Seemed easier than removing the arms as above. Although now I know another way to get the DB's out if I have to.:)

Back