Help me. What car should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slick2500

Reaction score
Since I was nice and gave up the XTR so @Starfox2005 could have it :ROFLMAO::LOL: Idk what car I should get. I'm thinking of maybe getting a Radix4, shoving my Max8 and BLX185 motor in it and selling off the stock esc and motor. I found a Radix6 slider with servo on eBay for $250 all I would need for that is a receiver and tires. Idk if I really want yet another truggy, I already have a Kraton EXB, ET48.3 and D8Te but the XTR is still on the back burner for sure. Also I kind of like the looks of the Shogun minus the wheels.

My vote is for the Radix.
It's something new to the fleet and if you decide a standard buggy is not your thing you can try a long arm conversion later on.

The only buggy I had was a Typhon 3s, and I wanted a 6s buggy. I dislike Spektrum electronics, so I decide to go with a Radix 6s. I only got my Radix yesterday and I haven’t had a chance to run it, but I am impressed with the layout and quality.

Will the Shogun body fit that Radix6 slider?

That would make the most sense from a versatility standpoint as well as being a great value.

My suggestion is the Dementor! :devilish: when you can handle this, you can handle anything!:ROFLMAO:

SKETER..!!! 😉👍🏼
Not really interested in the Skeeter to be honest.
Will the Shogun body fit that Radix6 slider?

That would make the most sense from a versatility standpoint as well as being a great value.
No the Shogun is the same length as the Kronos and Punisher.
My suggestion is the Dementor! :devilish: when you can handle this, you can handle anything!:ROFLMAO:
I already have a beefcake Outcast 6s.

Since I was nice and gave up the XTR so @Starfox2005 could have it :ROFLMAO::LOL: Idk what car I should get. I'm thinking of maybe getting a Radix4, shoving my Max8 and BLX185 motor in it and selling off the stock esc and motor. I found a Radix6 slider with servo on eBay for $250 all I would need for that is a receiver and tires. Idk if I really want yet another truggy, I already have a Kraton EXB, ET48.3 and D8Te but the XTR is still on the back burner for sure. Also I kind of like the looks of the Shogun minus the wheels.
Take a look at the parts listings for the diffs for radix4 vs 6s. I believe the 6s version uses machined steel vs 4s "powdered or molded" gears. Can't remember what TC calls it, but you know what I'm saying. I don't know what your intended use is? 4 or 6s, Maybe both?

If you’re going Corally, I would definitely get a ‘22. They’re much improved over the ‘21s.

Gotta say the wifes Shogun hauls and has been a pretty fun basher so far

Take a look at the parts listings for the diffs for radix4 vs 6s. I believe the 6s version uses machined steel vs 4s "powdered or molded" gears. Can't remember what TC calls it, but you know what I'm saying. I don't know what your intended use is? 4 or 6s, Maybe both?
Oh I thought the only differences were the body, motor and esc. Looks like I need to compare the manuals. Probably just sticking to 4s. I don't think any of my 3s lipos will fit the battery tray, they are a bear to fit in my Arrmas. I actually have 1 set that only fits my Kraton and 1 set that only fits my Outcast, the stock battery tray is too narrow for the CNHL Blacks and the CNHL Racing series batteries are too long for the Hot Racing battery tray. Long story short CNHL sent me the wrong batteries, then the Blacks were out of stock so they sent me the Racing series batteries as replacements. Actually ended up with 12 batteries for the price of 6 out of that entire fiasco.

If you’re going Corally, I would definitely get a ‘22. They’re much improved over the ‘21s.

All of the 21s are on sale so I figured the updated versions of the rest of the lineup would be right around the corner.
I'm still undecided what to get yet so maybe by the time I decide the other models will get updated as well.

Gotta say the wifes Shogun hauls and has been a pretty fun basher so far

Sorry I meant the Muraco not the Shogun. I like the body on the Muraco better.

Last year I was looking at the Radix4. Was thinking the same,that it was same as the 6s..not so. Although the 4s version may very well be adequate, knowing the difference, I would have chose the 6s version myself just for longevity sake. I ended up getting the xtr..total 180🤔
I have heard many times over about cnhl screwing up orders, actually remember your post on AF about it. That's awesome that you got 6 freebies, but still didn't get what you ordered?🙄
I'd say if your intent was to run 4s, AND you decide on the radix4, why not see what the stock power system's got before removing? Nothing to loose? We know the their 6s system is good, seems the TC 4s is a bit underwhelming in the Sketer but it might be adequate for the buggy?
Happy hunting 👍

I got my Radix 6 from RC Hobby Explosion: they have a coupon for $40 off of a $300 or more purchase, so their price of $401.99 was reduced to $361.99. I added the $9.99 for 1-4 day shipping via FedEx, and I got my Radix in one day. $380 for a 6s RTR vehicle is a steal in my book.

Last year I was looking at the Radix4. Was thinking the same,that it was same as the 6s..not so. Although the 4s version may very well be adequate, knowing the difference, I would have chose the 6s version myself just for longevity sake. I ended up getting the xtr..total 180🤔
I have heard many times over about cnhl screwing up orders, actually remember your post on AF about it. That's awesome that you got 6 freebies, but still didn't get what you ordered?🙄
I'd say if your intent was to run 4s, AND you decide on the radix4, why not see what the stock power system's got before removing? Nothing to loose? We know the their 6s system is good, seems the TC 4s is a bit underwhelming in the Sketer but it might be adequate for the buggy?
Happy hunting 👍

Yeah looking at the price differences between the 4 and the 6 it is really a no brainer just to get the 6s as it's only $20 more. I just wish the 6s had the green body instead of the red one as I wanted something that wasn't red. Why does everything in this hobby have to be red or blue? I want something different for a change, lets go gold, green, purple, silver, orange, black, yellow something other than red or blue.
I ended up with the 2s lipos I ordered from them plus 4 more idk what to do with.

I don't know about you @slick2500 but the Kronos XTR is going to be my next purchase. Just waiting for @Built4SpeedRC to get them back in stock. :)

I don't think any of my 3s lipos will fit, the Corally has a rather small battery tray sort of like Tekno. And I already have 3 truggies.

Yeah looking at the price differences between the 4 and the 6 it is really a no brainer just to get the 6s as it's only $20 more. I just wish the 6s had the green body instead of the red one as I wanted something that wasn't red. Why does everything in this hobby have to be red or blue? I want something different for a change, lets go gold, green, purple, silver, orange, black, yellow something other than red or blue.
I ended up with the 2s lipos I ordered from them plus 4 more idk what to do with.

I don't think any of my 3s lipos will fit, the Corally has a rather small battery tray sort of like Tekno. And I already have 3 truggies.
Does it come with a spare body? I know the xtr does. Paint it how you like? I hate painting bodies..everything ends up one solid color🤣🤣
The TC battery tray needs work IMO. I modded mine with a taller stop so I can stack batteries. Not the best option I suppose but it works.

20220228_214530.jpg

20220318_153347.jpg

Does it come with a spare body? I know the xtr does. Paint it how you like? I hate painting bodies..everything ends up one solid color🤣🤣
The TC battery tray needs work IMO. I modded mine with a taller stop so I can stack batteries. Not the best option I suppose but it works.

View attachment 2134

View attachment 2135
As far as I know the Kronos XTR is the only one that comes with a clear body.

Back