Help me pick a servo.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going over the specs I would say bluebird but I have never used one myself. Do you have any experience with them? I may want one myself lol.

Going over the specs I would say bluebird but I have never used one myself. Do you have any experience with them? I may want one myself lol.
I have some of their BMS-373MG servos that I use for shift servos in my Summit and they work great for that, I actually thought they had discontinued them at one point in time. One of my friends has had one of their helical gear servos for a few years now an he swears by it.

I have some of their BMS-373MG servos that I use for shift servos in my Summit and they work great for that, I actually thought they had discontinued them at one point in time. One of my friends has had one of their helical gear servos for a few years now an he swears by it.
In my experience if they can claim they are a good aero servo they are usually pretty reliable. Not sure how well on bashing though but thankfully arrma servo savers are extremely soft no matter what we do so should help it. But all the protection features, specs and price have me impressed.

Just got a Savox for my Kraton 8s EXB, seems like a work horse for sure, better be for $120 lol
I have used a bunch of Hitecs in my planes and never had a complaint

Just got a Savox for my Kraton 8s EXB, seems like a work horse for sure, better be for $120 lol
I have used a bunch of Hitecs in my planes and never had a complaint
I was looking at some of the Savox servos, but every Savox servo I have is really noisy.

Powerhobby makes a good servo, I have used them a bunch in the past, and had one in my first Kronos (after the first crapped out). I sell a lot of Savox servos, they seem pretty bullet proof, and have sold a couple HiTec, but not for big 1/8th scale.

Savox sv1270tg
Normal sized... light..powerful
Just make sure if you wash you rig or run in water to protect it as water tends to sit in the botom of the servo case eating the board slowly and making the lower motor bushing start binding.

Last edited:
Pretty much all my old 1/10 stuff has a Bluebird servo of some sort in it..!!

@slick2500 .. it’s funny you mention that the Savox is noisy, it’s not like your sitting in the car whilst driving it 😉🤣🤣🤣
I have heard many many people say that Savox’s are noisy. I wonder why this is the case, lack of grease or maybe the material they are made of 🤔

What servo would drop right in to the sketer?

I just picked up a talion exb too... wanted to get a backup servo for it and my sketer

I have a general question about this kind of strong servos: In most data sheets it is missing, but in the one of the Hitec I found the stall current with about 5A - this is more than some BECs can provide (e.g. the Torox 135 in the Sketer is rated max. 4A). Are the BECs protected against such kind of overload?

C0E0CD69-EA77-4A2A-95CB-483AFE31FDD9.jpeg

Back