HD Steering Block Comparison

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is there a US distributer who sells these or are they only sold by TC right now?

Im not sure, but @Built4SpeedRC should be able to sort them for you 👍
I got some for my kronos xtr a couple months ago. I think the trucks use the wide version. Cost me about $25 for shipping to US(from Belgium). They sure are beefy👌 here's the weight difference.

20211115_215820.jpg

20211115_215802.jpg

Hope there so good we almost never hear about pillow balls piping out again.
Amen to that! TBH, I have probably only run maybe 6 packs thru the xtr to date. Never actually popped any pivot balls myself but figured I might as well be proactive.
I bought the xtr in November last year and between being so cold outside here, and having so many rigs to choose from, I just haven't put much time on the xtr yet.. waiting for spring to give it a thorough beat down. Also, I need to get a couple 6s brick packs to run in the xtr.. I can't comfortably fit 2 3s packs in the tray. It runs well on 4s but really needs 6 for maximum sends IMO.

My free upgrade HD Steering blocks arrived today, i thought I would post a comparison with the older style blocks for anyone who was unaware of them…..

Older blocks fitted to my Radix

HD blocks

Side by side

👍
Freebie. Gotta say TC offering the upgrade parts for free is pretty stellar.

I have a bunch in stock, single and triple packs, both versions for the buggy or MT’s. Let me know if I can help. https://www.built4speedrc.com/?s=HD+steering+block&post_type=product&dgwt_wcas=1
The MT's are wider than the ones in the Sketer, correct? I just bought a set of the older style because I was unaware there were new ones. 😖

The MT's are wider than the ones in the Sketer, correct? I just bought a set of the older style because I was unaware there were new ones. 😖
Yeah, there are two styles, one is wider than the other. The wider ones fit the Punisher, Kronos, Dementor and Jambo (C-00180-108-1). The skinnier HD steering blocks fit the Shogun, Muraco, Radix's, Python, and now the Sketer (C-00180-009-1).

For the Sketer? If so, they should be ok. Was really just the v1 and v2 of 6s line that was upgraded? Apparently the radio 4 as well?

Yeah, there are two styles, one is wider than the other. The wider ones fit the Punisher, Kronos, Dementor and Jambo (C-00180-108-1). The skinnier HD steering blocks fit the Shogun, Muraco, Radix's, Python, and now the Sketer (C-00180-009-1).
Sketer should have the beefed up version?

Sketer should have the beefed up version?
Yes, the Sketer has the 009-1 HD steering blocks out of the box.

The "-1" after the part number denotes the upgraded version of the steering blocks. From what I have seen so far, the Skeeter and the '22 XTR are the only ones currently shipping with the HD hubs out of the box, but I am sure that they will all start shipping with he HD stuff soon.

I meant to say I wasn't aware there were wider updated hubs at the time I ordered my Kronos, Jambo,... etc ones.
I followed the suggestion I saw on @razorrc +30mm video.

Back