Sketer Have you found a single bumper that fits the Corally Sketer?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwrhungry

Reaction score
I think if we take off the goofy double bumper and put a single larger one it would look so much better. I’m not a fan at all of the stock look atm.

Hopefully now when Corally seem to take off for real we will have a bunch of alternatives for all cars Sketer included, T-Bone announced a while back that they were developing some Corally stuff, since the Sketer is new though it might take a while. Hoping for a proper RPM bumper for my Kronos as well.

Over here in Europe POS Racing was really early with releasing T-bone style bumpers for the Corally bashers and i'm sure he will make some for the Sketer too, there's also Markus at ARP that have done a sort of improvement to the Sketer bumper, most likely printed in TPU/Flex

https://www.arpdesign.at/3d-druck-s...r-bumper-abstützung/#cc-m-product-13048400287
SketerARP.jpg

Last edited:
I make bumpers out of kydex all the time. .125” kydex for bumper part and .090” for any little support pieces. Make a template out of cardboard, cut it out, drill/counter sink holes, bolt it on, heat it up and bend it how you want it.

9CF14636-9EB8-4F6C-889F-AE77D0F06E1D.jpeg

2FBD6722-B4E9-4A17-8578-85C2510E69D5.jpeg

I make bumpers out of kydex all the time. .125” kydex for bumper part and .090” for any little support pieces. Make a template out of cardboard, cut it out, drill/counter sink holes, bolt it on, heat it up and bend it how you want it.
Looks good, homemade is always nice I have made several ones, i use HDPE

View attachment 354

View attachment 355
I'm still convinced that the material that Tbone uses is Kydex based.

nah not Kydex, well they're all thermoplastics in a sense but T-Bone uses Delrin, basically a trademark name for Acetal plastic. With regular home garage equipment Acetal plastics are much harder to work with and form than Kydex imo. Also a price difference.

T-Bone Material 2.jpg

@jimbobjr how are you heating up the Kydex? Will a cheap heat gun suffice?
I use a 30 yr old black and decker, nothing fancy. It has two temps and I use the higher one. I don’t know what temp it’s bendable at but you definitely need gloves.

No definitely not kydex. Tbone will pull right thru the holes (I have a box full), kydex will not but can crack. I back them with angled washers made out of screws. I still run a couple tbone but as they break I make my own. Tbone are ok but I’d rather make my own.

I'm beginning the think my 1 ton Ram's bumper may be the ticket. Broke the inner loop today.

I broke mine on the first run...took it off and never looked back! The small skidplate bumper is doing an admirable job so far.

Back