Kronos XTR Has anyone considered installing lights?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniC

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
I was thinking it would be cool to install front and back lights on my Kronos XTR. I know, I know, it's only a basher why would you want lights? Well it looks cool I think!
For the back it's relatively easy to fit something inside the wing mount, but I'm not sure what to do about the front. I don't want lights that are mounted on the body, well because it's a basher!
Something like this set for the Sledge, but because of how the bumper mets the body on the XTR I'm not sure.

I ran light bars on a DR8 shelled talion @DaniC, looked smart and they worked but it was way too much faff fannyin aboot wi leads removin the body.
_20210107_155545.JPG

_20210107_155502.JPG

Want to run headlights on ma rally radix but they'll be mounted on the chassis somehow, so the body comes off withoot messing wi the leads. Like ah think you're lookin to do, anyway ye can mount in the bumper itself? Even using a small bike lamp with its own contained battery, the ones ye've linked look the same as aldis front lights!

I ran light bars on a DR8 shelled talion @DaniC, looked smart and they worked but it was way too much faff fannyin aboot wi leads removin the body.
View attachment 3148
View attachment 3149
Want to run headlights on ma rally radix but they'll be mounted on the chassis somehow, so the body comes off withoot messing wi the leads. Like ah think you're lookin to do, anyway ye can mount in the bumper itself? Even using a small bike lamp with its own contained battery, the ones ye've linked look the same as aldis front lights!
That DR8 Talion looks awesome! I have a ZD Racing DBX-10 which is very similar body today on a smaller scale and also has front and rear led bars, but the body is hinged at the back and open up from the front and the wires are routed backwards so you don't have to be fiddling with them each time.

I definitely want them to be chassis mounted on the XTR for that reason. Pity I'm no good at 3D printing, otherwise I'd probably design my own, it shouldn't be too hard! I reckon the two screws that hold the sway bar in place would be a create location to install them both front and back, and it'll just have to be made so that it aligns with the gap between the body and the bumper in the front.

Back