FlySky FS-G7P

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DaniC

Reaction score
Corally RC's
  1. Kronos XTR
Hi Guys,

FlySky recently released this new G7P radio. I just wanted to start this thread to hear your opinions on this new product and to see if some of you already have it and what you think of it so far.

1655153002863.png

It's a 7 channel radio with loads of functionality, seems like a step above the GT5 which has been quite popular for years. Among other things it has 300m range, high voltage support, two-way communication so it supports sensors and telemetry, the receiver comes with a voltage cable for the battery, etc. The G7P retails at about €85 which seems like very good value to me. Seems to come with a plastic wheel, but apparently there's a foam optional, as well as a mobile phone holder.

1655152951092.png

I'm really considering giving this one a go, what do you guys think?

There's a good review of it by @razorrc , he's major complaint was the plastic wheel, which can be fixed with the optional wheel. This listing on AliExpress for example seems to include the foam wheel and 2 receivers for about €85 which is great.

I love my gt5b so I would definitely consider it, especially if all the RX I have (7 total) will work with this new TX.

That's funny. Looked at that one yesterday and i am considering it also. Hope this thread will help.

Last edited:
I love my gt5b so I would definitely consider it, especially if all the RX I have (7 total) will work with this new TX.
I'm afraid not. The GT5 uses the AFHDS 2A (one way) protocol and the G7P (two way) uses the ANT protocol.

That's funny. Looked at that one yesterday and i am considering it also. Hope this thread will help.
Great minds think alike! ;)

A few of the features that caught my eye:
- 20 model memory
- Supports firmware updates
- Two-way data transmission, but can be changed to one-way for lower latency
- With the included receiver it reports signal strength and car battery voltage (includes sensor cable)
- Supports other sensors like speed (optical and magnetic) and temperature
- Supports channel mixing
- Has more channels than I'll ever need (7 channels)
- Buttons are programable
- 300m range
- It has all the expected features of a good radio: channel reverse, channel endpoints, trim and dual rate, curves, SVC, etc.

Here's the manual in case you want to have a peak.

I'm liking it! Specially at this price point! It'd be great for my XTR!

A few of the features that caught my eye:
- 20 model memory
- Supports firmware updates
- Two-way data transmission, but can be changed to one-way for lower latency
- With the included receiver it reports signal strength and car battery voltage (includes sensor cable)
- Supports other sensors like speed (optical and magnetic) and temperature
- Supports channel mixing
- Has more channels than I'll ever need (7 channels)
- Buttons are programable
- 300m range
- It has all the expected features of a good radio: channel reverse, channel endpoints, trim and dual rate, curves, SVC, etc.

Here's the manual in case you want to have a peak.

I'm liking it! Specially at this price point! It'd be great for my XTR!
I say, go for it and let us know 😉😉😉 I am so tempted as well

Right, I'm pulling the trigger on this one!

You can get it from Banggood for about €82, but this one comes with the standard plastic steering wheel.

Alternatively, I found these two sellers on AliExpress, and these come with the upgraded foam steering wheel, and two receivers! On both stores you can get this package for just under €100.
- Hundred percent store
- BYRC store

Personally I'm going with the offering from Hundred percent store, they have better seller ratings and have been trading for longer. At first they seem more expensive, but they have a coupon for €7,28 off when you spend €58,24 or more, you can find this on their store homepage. So with the coupon is actually like €1 less than the other store! 😅

Anyway, it'll be a while before I get this, so I'll post again around August with updates.

Disclaimer: The above are not affiliate links and I'm not on a commission or anything like that. I've just gone through the research and I'm sharing what I've found.

I've ordered a ton of stuff off of BYRC and they are a great seller. I've scored some crazy deals from them

I’ve got about 20-30 different aftermarket radios, and this is one of the 3 I use the most (for my nitro RTRs). For the price, amazing.

Honestly if I didn’t just get my 4pm I’d get a flysky in a heartbeat, for the price and features it really can’t be beat

My G7P has arrived! Very fast shipping for an AliExpress order from China! I can recommend this seller. Everything came as expected, one transmitter, two receivers and two voltage sensor cables. And they included a freebie, a very nice lanyard, although I'm not sure what "JR PROPO" is, but it's a very good quality lanyard nonetheless.
The transmitter looks like very good quality and I did get the version with a foam steering wheel, another plus for this seller I suppose. It's a pity I wont be able to try it out for a few weeks as I'll be traveling.
PXL_20220704_122405870.jpg

PXL_20220704_122413167.jpg

PXL_20220704_122059681.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20220704_122039750.jpg

Jr propo= high end (?) radios and accessories. Looking at website looks like plane and helo radios (stick controllers) I didn't see any surface radios. I ran their servos in my rc10b2's and b3's buggies and xxt stadium truck in the late 90's .. track shop stocked them so that's what i used. Never had issue with them .
Keep us updated on your new gear.

Any news on the radio?
Not yet, sorry! Had a very long vacation and then life stuff.
I'm half way through the installation, I have the BVD cable installed (lipo voltage sensor), I'll try to get time this week to finish that off.
I did some bench testing and played around with the transmitter and so far I'm impressed.

PXL_20220822_161622805.jpg

Not yet, sorry! Had a very long vacation and then life stuff.
I'm half way through the installation, I have the BVD cable installed (lipo voltage sensor), I'll try to get time this week to finish that off.
I did some bench testing and played around with the transmitter and so far I'm impressed.

View attachment 2901
Np buddy just checking.

Back